Sock KAL 1

Welcome to my first post for the Sock KAL I’m doing with Sarah from Crafts from the Cwtch

I’m joining in with this KAL to help along my sock knitting. I’ve only knit two complete sets so far both from the cuff down. I have a pair of toe up socks started and they need completing and I’m also knitting Hermiones Everyday Socks, these both have one sock done and just need the other completing so I’m going to try getting these done as well as starting a new pair.

I’m working out of my Ann Budd book Getting Started Knitting Socks, I’m going to do the Right Twist Cable Rib Socks in this using Opal’s Fairy and Elf Yarn. I’ll be doing these on my trusty dpn’s as I just love using dpn’s.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Sock KAL 1

Wow Ruth. You go girl. I don't work and don't have kids, and you still get more done than me.Linda

Those DPNs are gorgeous, I would like some just to look at them of course, not actually knit with them!I have cast on my first pair of toe ups…..

Your DPNs are so pretty! They'll definitely make knitting socks fun. I love how you're another DPN fan like me!

4. I got some DPN's at Walmart yesterday but the only ones they had were US 3(3.25 mm)…not sure about that size. I have that exact same book! Maybe I should make the same socks so if I have a problem I can ask you! LOL! You're such a good knitter. I need to get a move on! I need to order some supplies and I had better hurry up! thanks for sharing…it gets me going!

5. Tricia says:

Wow Ruth still amazed how you find the time, I have this book too sitting on the bookshelf must start using it.

6. Thoeria says:

As always…..amazed at how much you get done Ruth…especially now with 8 lil ones!! When on earth do you sleep??? And eat??? šŸ™‚

7. Andria says:

I have that book, it is great. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

8. Deb Hickman says:

I look forward to seeing your progress, love your needles. Deb x

9. Looking forward to seeing your socks, the yarn looks really pretty. I hope we get to see your Hermione socks too, I just knitted those ones and I love them šŸ™‚