WIP Wednesday

Morning everyone!

I hope everyone with snow is doing good and keeping safe, here our snow has gone and we just have heavy frost and somedays freezing fog..think a bit of snow might be better than the freezing fog.

When possible it does make the best reason to stay indoors and knit and crochet though lol.

On the needles and hooks this week are…

On the left two crochet hearts that are to be part of a heart garland for the girls bedroom, I’ve no set pattern for this I’m sort of winging it…kinda scary considering I’m barely a novice crocheter!

Top of the picture is the In Threes cardigan I’m doing for Lady Evelyn, I’m on the body of it now, I know it doesn’t look much like that lol. I love that this is knit all in one go and I plan on knitting another one for Princess Elizabeth, depending on the fit (which I think there is some leeway in) I will also knit one for Miss Caoimhe as she is quite slim and petite.

On the right are the Hermiones Everyday Socks, remember on Sunday I’d misplaced (aka lost) my darning needle well late last night I found it so today I’m going to close this one up as its finished and cast on the second.

I’m nearly finished Fire Ice by Clive Cussler and once done I’ll do a review here on Bookworm Corner.

For this WIP post I’m checking in with Tami’s and Ginny

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to WIP Wednesday

1. Kerryp77 says:

I love those crochetted hearts, a garland of them will look so sweet.

2. Deb Hickman says:

Beautiful colour cardi, pretty little hearts, will be gorgeous in the bedroom. Great socks, I'm about to start my first pair of socks with Crafts from the Cwtch KAL, tomorrow, I can't wait, just hope I can do them. Have a good week. Deb x

3. I never thought of making a garland of hearts. I think my princess would like one of those!

4. In Threes is an adorable pattern! Can't wait to see that, and of course more pictures of sweet little Evelyn! Thanks goodness you've found your darning needle – I want to see that sock worn!!

5. The projects seem to be coming along nicely! I still love Hermoine's socks!

6. Jazz says:

The hearts look lovely, you're doing a great job.

Great progress on your knitting Ruth. You did a good job on the hearts. Here is a link to a crochet blog. She makes great crochet stuff – hearts, banners, flowers, etc. and has tutorials for alot of them.http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/Linda

8. Margaret says:

My you have been busy. I love the colour of the yarn for those socks.

9. Well, you are offcially my role model this year in all areas of needlework and needlework groups!It was a rough week here but I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow hopefully. Love the socks and the sweater is just precious! I bought some DPN's today but I may have to order some too. They only had one size US 3 (3.25 mm) not even sure what I can do with that size. I downloaded the Hermione's pattern and it is circular needle….did you transcribe it for DPN's or is there a DPN version too?I have at least finished some books! Take care sweetie and give all those beautiful children a big hug from Aunt Sam! LOL!

Novice hooker and you're creating those pretty hearts? Oh you're so modest, Ruth! I can't wait to see more of baby Evelyn's cardi. I should make one for my niece. I so covet your Hermione sock!!!