FO Friday

Welcome bloggers to FO Friday..

I’ve a small finish for today in crochet. I needed another cloth to make a gift set for the one completed last week. This one was quick and easy to do and good practise for my skills, I’m slowly building up to the ideas I have whirring around in my head for my crochet lol.

Here’s the cloth…

It could use a little blocking but its a cloth that is going to be wet most of the time and I just can’t see the point in blocking those! I used a Rico Aran Cotton with a 5 mm hook. I think for myself personally I’d use a smaller hook as I like my cloths in the kitchen a bit tighter in gauge.

I did hope to have my sock complete for today but jobs and chores have been conspiring against me this week and getting in the way needing to be done!

Perhaps by Sunday’s YOP post!

For other blogs participating in FO Friday’s check out Tami’s

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to FO Friday

1. I know the feeling about the chores and I've just posted a little crochet ta-dah as well! Yours is lovely! Hope you have a great weekend – see you on Sunday!

2. Evelyn says:

Ah chores, they never seem to go away do they!Your cloth looks lovely and I'm sure your socks will be fab when you get to finish them 🙂

Another great cloth Ruth. Love the color.Linda

4. Michelle says:

I wouldn't block it either. I think it's perfect and ready for action the way it is.

5. Word Lily says:

Hey, at least you finished something, right? Looks good.

6. annie says:

HelloIt's a lovely cloth and I love "Hermione's" socks too!

7. I keep forgetting about FO Friday! Duh! I just put them on YOP Sunday. Your wash cloths are always so nice and I wouldn't block it either. The minute you wring it out there goes the blocking! LOL!

8. Deb Hickman says:

Great cloth and I agree no point in blocking when they are wet most of the time anyway. I made a few face washcloths for Christmas, tying them up with a pretty ribbon and a soap, they make quick handmade gifts. Have a good weekend. Deb x

9. Tricia says:

Another lovely piece Ruth, and your crochet skills will improve greatly and knowing you , You will pass me out ;P.I never block my cloths, same line of thinking as yourself and I too always use a smaller hook or needle for the tighter finish with cloths.

10. Love kitchen cloths, and yours is bright and cheerful– perfect for dish washing!

This is a happy, kitchen cloth. It makes me think of fresh, bright lemons stacked on a wooden table with sunlight pouring through the window.