Turtle Trot and Scarlet Letter Year.

This year as I’ve said I’m taking part in the Turtle Trot happening here on BAP Attack

I’ve listed the rules and my 13 projects under its own special page at the top of my blog.
This month I’ve been working on the Beds of Roses Sampler by Terry Loewen.

This piece is turning out to be a lovely stitch, its being stitched on 32ct Raw Belfast Linen with Strawberry Shortcake Belle Soie threads.

Here is where it was last week at the end of page 1

Beds of Roses Sampler by Terry Loewen

This is where I am now just nearing the end of page 2

Beds of Roses Sampler by Terry Loewen

For anyone who is thinking of stitching this the letters J and W were missing from the alphabet, luckily I found out before I had stitched so was saved a visit from the frog !

This sampler is also the piece I’m stitching for this months theme-a-licious theme of gardens and flowers! (I love it when one piece covers lots of categories lol)

In other stitching news..

I received my Elizabeth Simon chart that I’m doing as part of Nicolas Scarlet Letter Year, I’m just waiting on my fabric to arrive. I couldn’t decide if the above raw linen or antique white would work so ordered both, I will be using DMC threads on this sampler.

I’m looking forward to starting this sampler.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Turtle Trot and Scarlet Letter Year.

1. EvalinaMaria says:

Great progress and lovely new stash!

Great progress on your sampler Ruth. Oh my, that Elizabeth Simon chart scares me. I would never attempt anything like that. (Only stitching on 14ct limits what I can stitch). Its okay I will enjoy watching you and others working on these samplers. To be honest, I really prefer simpler designs. As you can see on my blog, I love Diane Arthurs and Ursula Michael. I do enjoy other designers as well.I just looked at your Turtle Trot page, and oh my but you have a very impressive list there. Good Luck. Looking forward to doing the TT with you.Linda

3. Tricia says:

you still amaze me with the amount of work you do each year, and all fabpieces as well

Sigh, how do you juggle it all Super Ruth?! Every time I see your lovely cross stitching, I itch to do some.

5. Nicola says:

Great progress Ruth, I kno I always say this but you are so amazing in what you acheive.

6. SoCal Debbie says:

Your Bed of Roses sampler is lovely! Did you add the missing letters yourself and adjust the chart? Very clever stitching!