YOP Year 2 Update

Morning Bloggers!

I realised during this week that we are half way through our year of projects already! Time sure is flying, I should have realised last week but some things just kind of slip past me lol.

I’ve been looking through my list and I’m happy with the progress and am confident with the most of the items left. The section on scarves I’m just not feeling the love of at the moment. I’m not even sure if I’m going to knit a scarf from the list let along all 6 of them so am in a quandary now as what to do..

Do I
A. Leave them on the list in the hope I find the love with them and knit them…or
B. Ignore them for the present in favour of other projects I want to do..

What other projects I can hear you ask!…

Well as it so happens I have thought of an item or two..this year I really want to get crocheting and get to grips with patterns and stitches and get confident in it and have thought up a couple of projects to help get me there with the hope that next years yop list (yes I am thinking as far as July!) may hold some crocheted items!

While all that has been buzzing around in my head this week knitting has been a bit slow this week. We have been busy with taking down decorations and putting the house to rights before back to school happens tomorrow morning (I’m sad about this) and I’ve been getting other projects both stitching and reading ready for the coming year.

So after ordering needles and some yarn, well lets face it I was always going to order a bit lol, I decided while waiting I’d start the Hermiones Everyday Socks that are on my list. I received two hanks of Diamond Luxury Collection Foot Loose in an Autumn colourway and decided I’d try this out on them and its not looking to bad. I’m just coming near the heel flap now.

Hermiones Everyday Socks

This is how the list is looking this week.
Year of Projects List 2012/2013

Hats :-  1/6
Harry Potter Hufflepuff Beanie – just one left to complete the collection
Strib Hat– I have yarn to knit three of these for the three younger children – COMPLETE 3/3
Felicity
Spring Beret
Hermione Hearts Ron
Slouched Tuva Hat

Scarves :-  0/6
Strangling Vine Lace Scarf
Lace Ribbon Scarf
Scrunchable Scarf
Springtime Bandit
Stolen Moments Wrap
Branching Out – this is started and just needs finishing off

Cowls :-  0/1
These are a few of the patterns I like but I’ve not picked which one or indeed how many of them I will knit, that is to be decided when I start on a cowl.
Eirin Cowl – these also have a pattern for fingerless gloves which I love also
Rhosyn Cowl – these also come with a pair of matching fingerless gloves and a headband
Pendleton Cowl – I love the colourwork in this one

Fingerless Gloves :-  1/1
I want to make one pair of fingerless gloves this year, more if I get the time. Again these are some of the patterns I have in mind but I’m undecided on which one.
Veyla
Brontes Mitts
Victoria Fingerless Mittens
Susie’s Reading Mitts – COMPLETE
Hermione Hearts Ron Fingerless Gloves

Socks :-  0/1
I would love to knit a good few pairs of socks but that not may be possible so I shall aim to knit this pair anyway and anything over that shall be a bonus.
Hermiones Everyday Socks – STARTED

Dishcloths :-  10/25
My aim is to continue knitting one a week until the end of December. This post I’m moving here to a Sunday and I’m making it part of the projects as it will be something I’m doing. – Weekly Challenge

Advent Garland :-  24/24
Smitten A Holiday Garland – this I fell in love with and as family who love an advent calendar I thought this might be different and fun this year, especially if I fill each mitten with a little piece of chocolate for each of the children. – COMPLETE

Items for Baby :-
Baby Mitts 1/1 COMPLETE

Items for the children :-
Childrens Mittens 3/3 COMPLETE
Jacques Cousteau Hat 2/2 COMPLETE
Basic Beanie 3/3 COMPLETE
Godric’s Hollow Hat 1/1 COMPLETE

And what would be a post without a little picture of my little Lady. Miss Evelyn is now one month old! The time seems to be going quicker and quicker. Yesterday she smiled for us, her first non windy smile, I’m hoping I’ll catch it on the camera soon.

Lady Evelyn

Princess Elizabeth and Lady Evelyn

Ruairí catching a snuggle and kiss with Lady Evelyn before bed

Happy knitting,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to YOP Year 2 Update

I'd just knit which projects you feel you want to and maybe later you might feel like continuing with the scarves.Beautiful photos of your children – that first month has certainly gone by quick.

2. cleancup says:

I love your socks in progress, and your children are adorable as always!

Your kids are such cuties Ruth. And they take such great pictures. Love the color of the new socks you started. Give those kids a hug for me.Linda

Your children are so sweet with Evelyn! I love the start of your Hermione socks. The color way goes well with the texture. It is like a forest floor of crunchy bits.As for your scarves section, why force yourself if you are not in the mood? Do other projects from your list that you are in the mood for and when you get bored with that, you can always reassign the scarves' slots.

5. Your children are the sweetest and have the most beautiful smiles…and what a beauty Princess Elizabeth is!I just love them all!I'm also loving your Hermione socks…I think I saw a pattern for those using Magic Loop too or I could try DPN's this time but that is the next pair I want to make after the yellow pair. Your yarn is really pretty too! I'm pushing through my list but now need to order some yarn and supplies….oh drat! LOL!That's funny, I'm trying to learn and get better in knitting and you're trying to do the same in crochet. I want more knitting projects on my YOP list next year and you want more crochet.Skip the scarves and do what you love! Have a great week!

6. First…Lady Evelyn is adorable and Princess Elizabeth beautiful…..and I love the socks…I think there is a KAL on Ravelry for them…or on a blog…hmmm

7. Your sock is looking great. I HATE knitting scarves … they just seem to go on and on and on! Don't know how you've managed so many over the last couple of years. Now that you've got sock needles it's usually about the same size and same yarn for many fingerless gloves. They're pretty fun little knits too 🙂

8. nauget bluff says:

Leave 1 scarf on the list for now..and remove it later if the feeling never hits..move on.. Who does little lady favor? While looking at the pic of her and her brother… I see a bit of Miss Elizabeth..

9. Nicola says:

Miss Evelyn is such a bonnie baby Ruth.The wool you have chosen for the socks is so rich and warm looking.

10. sandy says:

Adorable wee ones, always enjoy those pictures. Just put your scarves in a holding pattern for now and move on to something else. You might revisit the situation later and make a determination then.

11. Renee Anne says:

I hated the first 20 rows of those socks…the 1×1 ribbing just about killed me! And then I did only 12 repeats of the pattern instead of the 18 called for and I kind of wish I had done all 18 (or more than the 12 I did). ::sigh:: I suppose I'll be making them again sometime anyway 🙂

12. Unknown says:

love the socks, they are looking awesome!

13. Kim says:

My vote? Ignore the scarves for now and add the items you are thinking of! Life is just too short to be wasted knitting on something for which there is no love. 🙂 Lady Evelyn is a beauty and it is very evident, adored by all–lucky, lucky baby! Every time I see socks on someone's page I break out into a cold sweat because they are on my list but not even begun to be thought about yet– and here we are already 1/2 way done with the year..lol1*smiles*

14. I think the first thing that needs saying is that Lady Evelyn is beautiful, congratualations! And second, lifeis too short to knit things you don't really want, take them off the list and put something in their place that you really do want to do!