YOP Year 2 Update

Evening Bloggers!

Hope you all have had a good week! Here its been its normal busy self with lots of coming and going, everyone thankfully is over bugs so hopefully will stay that way. Next weekend sees the start of our midterm break ! Can you believe it already ! I’m normally counting down the days but have been so busy lately that it has come upon me without me realising it.

Check ups now are heading to every two weeks for another month when they will hit weekly. I’m between the care of my consultant in the hospital and my gp so I see one for one visit and the next visit I go to the other. Everything is on track thankfully. I’m now hitting that part of where I’m so close to the end I just want to get there but must have patience for the final bit lol. Patience is not my strong suit !

I will be back later in the week with updates on stitching and I have been gathering pictures for a cakey post as I have been baking quite a bit and this week sees the start of some Christmas cake’s to be made, Christmas puddings will follow the week after lol.

Knitting wise this week I’ve done ok. I completed Elizabeth’s hat for Xmas. This week I shall work on her mittens, I’m just working out how to stretch her main hat colour enough to do both mittens without having to purchase a second ball, its so tiny the amount extra I’d need that it doesn’t seem worth it. The pattern I used for her hat is this Strib Hat .

Strib Hat

I was thinking about the garland I want to hang my mittens on that I completed last week, but I’m still mulling over options as I’m not sure a hanging garland is going to work with the pieces of chocolate in them, it may be to heavy so I’ve not done anything on that yet. I am gathering up the chocolate, 7 pieces for each of 24 mittens is a bit lol.

What I did work on was some crochet ornaments for a small ornament tree I have that I decorate each Xmas with some white lights. I followed the tutorials on The Royal Sisters blog and I did two of each of trees, hearts, rounds and stars. The yarn I used has a sparkle to it which you can’t see really in the pictures but I’m hoping with the lights will twinkle on. I will be a crocheter yet !

Crochet Christmas Tree Ornaments

The other thing I managed to finish this week was a dishcloth. I used this pattern Seeded Stripe Dishcloth . This is a lovely quick easy pattern to knit up while watching your favourite show. I have a few more of this pattern to knit up as gifts for Christmas.

Seeded Stripe Dishcloth

This is all for this week. I’ve still not managed to get as far as updating my list and adding it in at the end of this post. I think that may remain until the children are off on mid term break lol. I do think I got back round on all of you who left wonderful comments for me. I do read and appreciate them all, if I have forgotten anyone I do apologise, some weeks I just seem to run out of hours and it doesn’t help that I’ve become forgetful.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone has been up to this week.

Happy Knitting,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to YOP Year 2 Update

1. Vickie says:

Great progress with the knitting needles Ruth. Hooray! The kids shall be off soon. Take good care of yourself. Don't you skimp on that sleep Ruth!♥

What d'you mean you will be a crocheter yet…you are one! Your little sparkly decorations are lovely….I got given some White cotton for my birthday and I have decorations in mind too, maybe some snowflakes.The hat is great, isn't it annoying when you don't quite have enough to do what you want, hope you come up with a solution.We are a week off the half term too, I must admit I am looking forward to the lack or tight routine, although I think it is already mapped out!Have a good week.x

3. CalamityJr says:

How about putting a clue in each mitten about where to find that day's chocolate treat? I think the children would enjoy that and you could still hang your garland!

4. Wow I love the way that dishcloth knitted up – the yarn pooled in an almost argyle pattern. You couldn't have done that any better if you'd planned it :)Based on those little decorations I'd say you already ARE a crocheter. Very cute 🙂

5. Nicola says:

Do you know if the baby is a boy or girl?

It's so lovely that you're doing well Ruth. You are almost down to the wire. How neat you have two care physicians for your pregnancy; here we just have the OB/GYN.You ARE a crocheter! Those hooked ornaments came out cute and I think the lights will bounce off of the sparkle thread in the yarn. That will be fun for everyone to see.As for your mittens garland, can you use stronger hooks to hang them on? I'm not sure what you were going to drape the garland on?The seeded dishcloth is very nice in that colorway. And the Strib Hat is girly cuteness for your daughter.

Congrats on finishing the hat. I love the colors. Love the way the color worked up in the dishcloth. You couldn't get it to come out any better if you tried. WOW! The crocheted xmas ornaments turned out great. (and I thought you said you didn't know how to crochet) lolLinda

8. SoCal Debbie says:

Those are beautiful crocheted ornaments. The pink hat is adorable and the dish cloth is very pretty! It's exciting that you are getting close to the end of your pregnancy already. It seems like yesterday when you announced on your blog that you were expecting!

9. That's alot more appointments than England, you've got to be pretty special to see a consultant and a GP, it's usually midwives all the way here.Mind you after 7 babies you're probably more of an expert than any of them LOL.My last one weighed 7lbs at 34 weeks, and 10 at term….don't wish that on you!

10. I think you can definitely call yourself a crocheter now! LOL! Those ornaments are precious and yes, with sparkly yarn they will look beautiful in among the lights on the tree. I love everything you do and want to make it all! I love the dish cloth…is that a special yarn that comes out that way or is it a knitted pattern in it? If the yarn just does that by itself I want some of that yarn! Ha! Ha! The hat is darling too. I haven't made a hat yet but want to make a hat and matching scarf for one of my sons for Christmas. I think I'd better get busy! Take care and praying for your comfort and a healthy little one! Hugs!

11. That strib hat is so cute! I love the pattern, it looks really different. And love the crochet ornaments, they're so cute!