The Itch to Stitch is BACK!!!

Here I am this morning updating with a STITCHING update, I know can you believe it!!

Its been so long, all summer practically and I can’t say its back fully but a bit is better than nothing.

So what have I started stitching…well its a wedding sampler for my cousin, who’s wedding is next week. Yes I know I’m going to be late but shes going on honeymoon afterwards and so the aim is to have it ready for when she gets back and before the baby arrives…well that’s the plan lol.

I bought this Vervaco Wedding Happiness Sepia kit and switched out the aida for cream evenweave in 28ct. Granted I’ve only worked on it a little maybe an hour this last two nights but its been good. I’m getting very tired in the evenings so we will see how it goes.

Vervaco-Wedding Happiness

This is how its looking at the moment.

Vervaco-Wedding Happiness

The other small purchase I made was on behalf of the children, they want to give the new baby a gift in December and they chose this Kangaroo teddy with its baby in its pouch and they are just choosing what they would like me to stitch for them on the front cloth for them.

DMC stitch teddy-Kangaroo

That’s it for now on the stitching front but it is lovely to be back stitching again and feeling like it, lets hope the bug remains now!

Happy Stitching,

12 Responses to The Itch to Stitch is BACK!!!

1. Vickie says:

Yay! Glad to have you back Ruth! I love that wedding sampler. And the kangaroo mum and babe are just too precious. You just make sure you get your sleep now. Certainly don't need you becoming ill with 68 days to go!

2. Jo says:

the kangaroo is just sooo cute and love the Vervaco design. Glad your bug is back x

3. Sandie says:

Hi Ruth – maybe there was something in the air this summer because I've just refound my stitchy bug too! Don't go exerting yourself tho in the evenings – no stress over getting the wedding sampler finished. I'm sure the bride and groom will love it whenever it's presented.

4. Silverlotus says:

I'm glad you are stitching again, Ruth. I just love that wedding design, and the kangaroo is adorable!

5. Ranae says:

Glad to see your scratching that itch or is it itch that scratch? Lol

6. Kathy A. says:

That is a lovely design you have picked to satisfy the urge to stitch. Look forward to your progress.

7. Nicola says:

You have chosen a beautiful chart to stitch as your gift and the children have chosen an adorable gift for the baby.Have you picked any names yet?

What a lovely piece…I'll bet you're tired in the evening, I'm amazed you've got the energy for anything other than feet-up!Your new kangaroo is lovely, how nice for the kids to be in on the choosing of the present and stitching.Take it easy…enjoy your stitching!

You have such a thoughtful and big heart, Ruth. I can't wait to see more updates on this stitch piece.I so love how your kids want to give baby a gift. It is beyond sweet and cute.

10. SoCal Debbie says:

What a wonderful design to stitch for a wedding gift! I finished a Vervaco sepia picture too. Their designs are all so lovely!

11. Yay for stitching 🙂 That pattern is beautiful, you are going to have a very nice gift to give the couple when it is finished. Great start!–shaunterriaca11i0pe.blogspot.com

12. Awesome to see you back 😀