YOP Year 2 Update

Morning Bloggers!

News from this side of the world is that the first of my Sil’s who was due a baby the first week in September had a wee baby boy on Friday night, 15 days early!  All is well I hear from my brother and they are over the moon with their new son a little brother for their daughter. With visiting restricted in the hospital I will be seeing them when they get home, but that gives me time to knit up something for the new arrival.

I’ve been for a check up to the doctor this week and he’s very pleased with how everything is going. Baby is getting stronger and kicked the dr constantly while he was listening to the heart beat lol. I’m pleased he’s going to keeping an eye on my iron levels as this was one of the main problems I had while expecting Elizabeth but so far I’m feeling good and haven’t slowed down much, perhaps in the evenings when I get tired, but I do so hate to slow down even while expecting lol.

Knitting this weeks has been in spurts, with us heading into the last week of the holidays I’m just making sure I do indeed have all that is needed.

On the knitting front I finished the knitting part of the Demne. It now needs a light blocking and some buttons but after checking my button box nothing suitable was found so I shall order some next week when I need to order yarn for the children’s Christmas presents. I knit this in Debbie Bliss DK Cotton.
Here is a picture of it so far, just remember its not quite finished yet !

Demne

I also finished for my sister in Australia some cloths for her kitchen. The cloth in cream is Scrubby and although I loved the effect for some reason the pattern just didn’t sit with me right so for the white one I changed the pattern to Open Star Dishcloth. This pattern I loved and gives a similar effect. I did add a 2 stitch border all round it.

Scrubby and Open Star Dishcloths

I have been thinking of presents this year and with being an organised person I simply can’t leave presents on the long finger until December knowing I’m going to be busy with a new baby in the house so dishcloths it is for presents so the remainder of the ones for this year long challenge I feel will go towards that and I’m still hoping to finish these up before December by knitting extra ones each week.

My sister’s youngest little boy was born at the end of May and I decided to knit him a Bunny Blanket Buddy as well. This will go along with the above cloths and the Koala cloth I knit for him. The Kangaroo cloth is for her eldest son.

Bunny Blanket Buddy

This is all that came off my needles for this week but I have been sorting out patterns when I wasn’t knitting. I now have a list of what I need to do for the children for presents, after having asked them they have very definite ideas of what they want! I need to get a yarn order together as I have some but not all of the yarn I need. This is an organising job for this week. Knitting wise this week I will be doing a few gifts for my new nephew (brothers wee boy) and some cloths and if I’m very lucky I shall get some mittens done for the garland as I’ve gotten sidetracked this last few weeks.

This is how the list is looking now
Year of Projects List 2012/2013

Hats :-  0/6
Harry Potter Hufflepuff Beanie – just one left to complete the collection
Strib Hat– I have yarn to knit three of these for the three younger children – Started
Felicity
Spring Beret
Hermione Hearts Ron
Slouched Tuva Hat

Scarves :-  0/6
Strangling Vine Lace Scarf
Lace Ribbon Scarf
Scrunchable Scarf
Springtime Bandit
Stolen Moments Wrap
Branching Out – this is started and just needs finishing off

Cowls :-  0/1
These are a few of the patterns I like but I’ve not picked which one or indeed how many of them I will knit, that is to be decided when I start on a cowl.
Eirin Cowl – these also have a pattern for fingerless gloves which I love also
Rhosyn Cowl – these also come with a pair of matching fingerless gloves and a headband
Pendleton Cowl – I love the colourwork in this one

Fingerless Gloves :-  0/1
I want to make one pair of fingerless gloves this year, more if I get the time. Again these are some of the patterns I have in mind but I’m undecided on which one.
Veyla
Brontes Mitts
Victoria Fingerless Mittens
Susie’s Reading Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron Fingerless Gloves

Socks :-  0/1
I would love to knit a good few pairs of socks but that not may be possible so I shall aim to knit this pair anyway and anything over that shall be a bonus.
Hermiones Everyday Socks

Dishcloths :-  8/25
My aim is to continue knitting one a week until the end of December. This post I’m moving here to a Sunday and I’m making it part of the projects as it will be something I’m doing. – Weekly Challenge

Advent Garland :-  16/24
Smitten A Holiday Garland – this I fell in love with and as family who love an advent calendar I thought this might be different and fun this year, especially if I fill each mitten with a little piece of chocolate for each of the children. – Started

Items for Baby :-
Bibs 0/4
Demne 1/1 Complete
Christmas-y Baby Hat 1/1Complete
Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat 0/1
Cute Noggin Baby Hat 1/1 Complete
Owlie Sleep Sack0/1
Owlie Hat0/1
Pinwheel Baby Blanket 0/1Complete
Crochet squares to make a baby blanket (I’m aiming to make 48 squares so I can see if that is big enough) 0/48
Burp Cloths 1/4
Wash Cloths 4/4 Complete
Baby Mitts 1/1 Complete
Socks

Items for the children :-
Mittens
Beanies 1 Jacques Cousteau HatComplete

I have also had to replace word verification on the blog and I’m sorry to have to do this as I find doing it on others blogs hard and get it hard to read the words but I have received in the last day way above 50 spam comments all over my blog and it has taken considerable time to delete and remove them.

Looking forward to seeing what you have all been doing this week.

Happy Knitting,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to YOP Year 2 Update

1. Kashi says:

My co-worker comes back to work tomorrow with her 7 week old little boy. I can't wait. We work in the nursery and it will be wonderful for her to be able to have him with her while at work. Good for you, getting sorted for Christmas. I have been thinking about it a bit lately too. Lots of planning. So much fun though. Talk to you soon. XOXO

2. Lucie says:

Another blog post filled with baby cuteness 🙂 Everything looks so cute and the bunny buddy will be loved and hugged a great deal I expect.Glad to hear everything is well with your little baba and congratulations to your brother and SIL on the birth of their little boy :)Knowing your organisation skills, you will be sorted will before Christmas with all of your presents, and it's rubbed off on me as I am getting organised too!Look forward to seeing next weeks wonderful creations 🙂

3. Vickie says:

Hooray for the safe arrival of a baby boy for your brother.The cardigan is just lovely Ruth.You are doing so well with the gift list. I have started organizing as well this weekend. Almost done with my current project.♥

4. Annie says:

Aww your knitting is lovely!Congrats to your brother and sil too.Annie x

5. Tricia says:

Oh my not long now before the kiddies are back at school, love your works so far.Delighted to hear all is well with baby and yourself xx

Cute cardi, it's nice to pick out special buttons for projects like that…glad to hear the first of the babies due, has arrived safe and well, I hope he didn't catch too many people on the hop coming those couple of weeks early. I was always active in my pregnancies, I don't think it makes for easy labour if you've sat with your feet up for months before, mind I don't have seven! Glad your babe is good and kicking well!You must be super popular to have so many spam comments….go you!Have a lovely last week of the hols.x

7. Renee Anne says:

That's exactly the reason I had to turn on word verification…or something like that. I think that's what I did. I had a bunch of spam messages one day…it was nuts!Hooooray for a new baby 🙂

Great knitting as always Ruth. Would you still like a lapghan or would you like a crochet baby blanket for the new leprechaun?LindaPS If you would like the baby blanket, what color?

9. Your little cardigan is so pretty! Congratulations on the new little one in the family. Glad all are well. Glad you are healthy too. I loved being pregnant and always had so much energy. I wish I could feel that way now! Old age is way worse! LOL! I understand about word verification as I may have to one of these days but for now I'm doing okay.You're really getting lots done! That little bunny blanket is so cute. Our schools started this week here. It must be busy at your house trying to get them all ready and expensive! Take care and tell the kids I wish them a great year in school and I hope they learn lots!

10. yay for new babies! I'm so glad to hear of safe deliveries. I got all excited when i read you were sidetracked, (Yes, Ruth is human like the rest..) oh drat! she was able to whip up 20 things this week. I'm still a slacker! love your bunny friend.

I'm so happy to read your nephew arrived in our world safe and sound and that his mama is doing well as well. Hooray!I'm also happy to read your bun in the oven is kickin' fierce and your iron levels are normal.You have been productive, so much betta than me. You go Ruth!

12. Congrats on the new little nephew!!!! I'm glad to hear your pregnancy is going well!You have been knitting up a storm!

13. kate says:

Hurray for shiny new healthy new baby boys! My latest nephew arrived back in the UK from Tokyo today and I can't wait to meet him once his parents have found somewhere to live 🙂 Glad that all is going well for you. Gorgeous cardi. Sorry about all the spam, wordpress does a pretty good job of filtering it all out so I don't see much. I wonder if something failed at Blogger to let so much through?

14. Congratulations on the new family member, and I love all the baby stuff, especially the Demne, it's adorable!

15. Congratulations to your brother and sister in law. The little cardi is utterly cute, they are lucky. Happy to hear that everything fine with the baby.

16. Ruth, I have been trying to comment on your blog as part of YOP… but cannot because of captchas they are all unreadable…

17. Kim says:

New babies…how delicious! Pretty soon it will be your turn–my but time seems to be flying. Your weekly accomplishments, as usual, have set my head into a spin. I have every confidence that all your ducks will be in row by the time Christmas rolls around, even with a new wee one to love on! *smiles and cheery thoughts*