YOP Year 2 Update

Morning bloggers !

Another week has whizzed by and its been busy. With some school preparations going on here during the day and trips to the forest when its been cool and picnics, its not left much knitting time during the day but I’ve gotten most of what I aimed to do this week done, I just love the holiday time lol.

This week’s cloth is first up and its this delightful pattern Simple Eyelets . I did add a border to the sides of 3 stitches and I knit some rows top and bottom. The yarn I’m using is Rico Creative Aran Cotton which is lovely to work with and is a brighter green than is shown here in the picture. This is going to be part of a set I’m knitting as a gift and I’m hoping to work up a few extra ones over the coming weeks to get a head start on the amount of ones remaining in the year as once December comes I don’t think I’ll have much time for meeting weekly goals lol.

Eyelet Cloth

I also aimed this week to get another four mittens done for them Smitten Garland and with these only taking just under 2 hours its no hardship really over a week to get four done. This brings the total up to 12 so I’m half way there on the mitten side.

This week’s four mittens

The first 12 mittens

I also worked on Pinwheel Baby Blanket and its a bit scrunched up on the needles at the moment but this here is what one section looks like, its got 10 of these sections and is currently just over 20 inches wide, it still needs a little more adding to it.

Pinwheel Baby Blanket

I also cast on a Rib a Roni hat which is one of the hats listed in my hats for this year. This one will be for Ruairí and he chose a red yarn for his. I needed to start his first so I could judge size wise for Benjamin and Elizabeth which size they would need as I have three of these to knit.

Rib a Roni

I finished off last weeks Christmas-y Baby Hat I didn’t do pom poms in the end and opted instead for a little knot tied at the top of each point. I have enough yarn left for some mittens to match which I will do later.

Christmas-y Baby Hat

This is how the list looks now with the new totals added in and what projects are started.
Year of Projects List 2012/2013

Hats :-  0/6
Harry Potter Hufflepuff Beanie – just one left to complete the collection
Rib-A-Roni – I have yarn to knit three of these for the three younger children – Started
Felicity
Spring Beret
Hermione Hearts Ron
Slouched Tuva Hat

Scarves :-  0/6
Strangling Vine Lace Scarf
Lace Ribbon Scarf
Scrunchable Scarf
Springtime Bandit
Stolen Moments Wrap
Branching Out – this is started and just needs finishing off

Cowls :-  0/1
These are a few of the patterns I like but I’ve not picked which one or indeed how many of them I will knit, that is to be decided when I start on a cowl.
Eirin Cowl – these also have a pattern for fingerless gloves which I love also
Rhosyn Cowl – these also come with a pair of matching fingerless gloves and a headband
Pendleton Cowl – I love the colourwork in this one

Fingerless Gloves :-  0/1
I want to make one pair of fingerless gloves this year, more if I get the time. Again these are some of the patterns I have in mind but I’m undecided on which one.
Veyla
Brontes Mitts
Victoria Fingerless Mittens
Susie’s Reading Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron Fingerless Gloves

Socks :-  0/1
I would love to knit a good few pairs of socks but that not may be possible so I shall aim to knit this pair anyway and anything over that shall be a bonus.
Hermiones Everyday Socks

Dishcloths :-  3/25
My aim is to continue knitting one a week until the end of December. This post I’m moving here to a Sunday and I’m making it part of the projects as it will be something I’m doing. – Weekly Challenge

Advent Garland :-  12/24
Smitten A Holiday Garland – this I fell in love with and as family who love an advent calendar I thought this might be different and fun this year, especially if I fill each mitten with a little piece of chocolate for each of the children. – Started

Items for Baby :-
Bibs 0/4
Christmas-y Baby Hat 1/1Complete
Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat 0/1
Cute Noggin Baby Hat 0/1
Baby Vertebrae  0/1
Picky Pants 0/1
Pinwheel Baby Blanket 0/1- Started
Cotton Wash Mitt  0/2
Finish crocheting squares to make a baby blanket (I’m aiming to make 48 squares so I can see if that is big enough) 8/48
Burp Cloths 1/4
Wash Cloths 4/4 Complete
Baby Mitts
Socks

Items for the children :-
Mittens
Beanies 1 Jacques Cousteau HatComplete

Looking forward to catching up will everyones projects this week. I’m off to spend the day watching the Olympics and knitting. Its great it being in the same time zone I’m able to get most of it during daylight hours lol.

Happy Knitting.

16 Responses to YOP Year 2 Update

1. Vickie says:

Lovely projects Ruth. The baby's Christmas-y Hat is sooo sweet.♥ I would think you can get plenty more done this week while watching the Olympics. I shall be watching too. 🙂

2. Jen says:

Love this week's striped mittens. Can't wait to see the pinwheel blanket when it is finished.

3. Lucie says:

Your little mittens are just adorable – you have been very inventive with your colorways for these :)The pinwheel blanket is so cute – again the colour choices are fab :)Enjoy the Olympics and hope you get lots of knitting done whilst watching them xx

4. Mary says:

I love the washcloth..especially the color..I'm off to find some of that yarn!

5. Cris says:

Everything is so cute – especially those mittens!

Love the Christmas baby hat, very cute! Still loving the mitten advent garland, such a nice idea, I'm definitely not giving up on makin one yet.The pinwheel looks great, it's hard to see things properly when things are scrunched up on needles isn't it, it's always nice to start bnding off, at least I think so so you can see your project properly!Hope you have some more of those warm days, picnics are the best!

7. Marsha says:

Even though you were out and about you got quite a bit accomplished this week. Great work and I love all your projects and the colors that you have chosen.

8. I love ALL your projects! I'm "faving" so many of them….they'll probably be my YOP list for next year! LOL!I can't knit that fast but I'm improving.Did you get to watch the Irish gymnast? I didn't get the whole background story on him but considering he had an injury….he has much to be proud of! I cry a lot over some of these olympians and the adversities they've overcome to get there. What inspiration for the rest of us.Have a great week and those mittens are SO cute! And the hat and the baby blanket…I told you…I really do love all your projects! LOL!

You have made terrific progress this week Ruth! I hope you're feeling well and getting enough rest.

10. Shateen says:

fantastic projects, progress, and patterns! way to go!!

11. I love the little mittens, and the colour scheme is really nice. They'll look great together since they're all the same but different. And the baby hat is so cute!

12. Kim says:

Lovely post Ruth! I am smiling at the though of what deadlines you will be keeping come December–only one, that is for sure: Baby!I am loving your pinwheel blanket a whole lot-such lovely muted colors–it looks soft and cuddly.*smiles*

13. I love the Christmas-y baby hat. I think you were right to leave out the pom poms. The babies just want to pull on them and chew on them anyway :).

14. Laura says:

Everything looks like it's coming on nicely, but the blanket is still my favourite. Such lovely yarn and it looks like a great pattern.

15. Annie says:

HelloJust found your lovely blog.Your knitting is beautiful – I love the color of the green wash cloth.Good luck with your goals.

16. still loving those mittens. I've added the pinwheel blanket to my queue.