YOP Year 2 Update

Morning bloggers !

Another week gone and I’ve had a productive week knitting wise so pictures of that in a moment, first off I’ve the next part of my list to reveal this week, it actually turns out I’ve two but I’ll explain that in a moment. You better grab a cup of tea/coffee and a biscuit/cookie we are in for a long post today.

First part to be added to the list has to do with an exciting event happening later in the year for us and if you were reading my blog earlier in the week you know but for those just tuning in you may have noticed a wee counter to the top right !

We are expecting a baby !

We are delighted with this and looking forward to this and has turned our year from a frown kind of one to a nice smiley kind of one, so now I guess you know that the other part of my list is to do with knitting things for baby.

We won’t be finding out if we are having a boy or girl, we shall be waiting for the surprise so I shall be looking at neutrals and colours that are suitable for boys and girls.

Oh yes I did forget to tell you the due date… coolest date ever even if I say so myself…its 12/12/12 !
Told you it was cool..

Oh yes now for the list πŸ˜‰
I’m listing how many I’m hoping to get done before baby is born, some I don’t want to knit to many of until after baby is born when I can use the specific blue/pinky yarns.

Items for Baby :-
Bibs 0/4
Christmas-y Baby Hat 0/1
Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat 0/1
Cute Noggin Baby Hat 0/1
Baby Vertebrae  0/1
Picky Pants 0/1
Pinwheel Baby Blanket 0/1
Cotton Wash Mitt  0/2
Finish crocheting squares to make a baby blanket (I’m aiming to make 48 squares so I can see if that is big enough) 8/48
Burp Cloths 0/4
Wash Cloths 3/4
Baby Mitts
Socks

Some are started like the crochet squares and the wash cloths are nearly done, as these are small wee items and high on the cute factor I’m hoping to get them knit up fairly quickly between now and Christmas.

The other part of my list is item for the children that they just ask for, these I’ve no patterns for yet and will be added to as I’m asked throughout the year. On the list straight away are mittens for RuairΓ­ that he’d like for Christmas and Alan has requested something knitted as well. I’m also knitting a hat for James for his birthday next month, he’s big into beanies at the moment.

Items for the children :-
Mittens
Beanies

With all that in order it brings me to what I got done this week

First off I’m all caught up on dishcloths so I can now press ahead with counting down off the remaining 25 for this year.

This weeks pattern cloth was Baby Starfish Cloth  .
This is in a nice orange but the camera just didn’t take it to its true colour.

Baby Starfish Cloth

The previous two weeks cloths for catch up were Rubber Ducky Face Cloth
Again this is a lovely lemon that just didn’t come out as lemony as it is.

Rubber Ducky Face Cloth

And lastly the other cloth for catch up was Baby Feet Cloth
Who can resist white for little newborns

Baby Feet Cloth

I also got started on the mitten garland Smitten . I’m going to change the total on the list to 0/24 as I count down to how many mittens I’ve done. These are so quick and easy to knit and so cute, they are what inspired RuairΓ­ to look for mittens for Christmas.

Mittens for Smitten πŸ™‚

The Beanie hat I chose for James for his birthday next month is this Jacques Cousteau Hat it is a free Ravelry download. I’m using this lovely dark green Debbie Bliss Rialto Dk yarn and its gorgeous to knit with.

Jacques Cousteau Hat Pattern and Yarn

This is where I left it last night, just two more inches until the decreases and I hope I have enough yarn to finish it as I’d only two balls in my stash.

Jacques Cousteau Hat

That’s all that has been on my needles this week so I’ll show you how the list stands now.

Year of Projects List 2012/2013

Hats :-  0/6
Harry Potter Hufflepuff Beanie – just one left to complete the collection
Rib-A-Roni – I have yarn to knit three of these for the three younger children
Felicity
Spring Beret
Hermione Hearts Ron
Slouched Tuva Hat

Scarves :-  0/6
Strangling Vine Lace Scarf
Lace Ribbon Scarf
Scrunchable Scarf
Springtime Bandit
Stolen Moments Wrap
Branching Out – this is started and just needs finishing off

Cowls :-  0/1
These are a few of the patterns I like but I’ve not picked which one or indeed how many of them I will knit, that is to be decided when I start on a cowl.
Eirin Cowl – these also have a pattern for fingerless gloves which I love also
Rhosyn Cowl – these also come with a pair of matching fingerless gloves and a headband
Pendleton Cowl – I love the colourwork in this one

Fingerless Gloves :-  0/1
I want to make one pair of fingerless gloves this year, more if I get the time. Again these are some of the patterns I have in mind but I’m undecided on which one.
Veyla
Brontes Mitts
Victoria Fingerless Mittens
Susie’s Reading Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron Fingerless Gloves

Socks :-  0/1
I would love to knit a good few pairs of socks but that not may be possible so I shall aim to knit this pair anyway and anything over that shall be a bonus.
Hermiones Everyday Socks

Dishcloths :-  1/25
My aim is to continue knitting one a week until the end of December. This post I’m moving here to a Sunday and I’m making it part of the projects as it will be something I’m doing.

Advent Garland :-  4/24
Smitten A Holiday Garland – this I fell in love with and as family who love an advent calendar I thought this might be different and fun this year, especially if I fill each mitten with a little piece of chocolate for each of the children.

Items for Baby :-

Wash Cloths 3/4

Baby Mitts
Socks

Items for the children :-
Mittens
Beanies

That is all for this week and I think if you’ve gotten this far you need a clap, its been a long post this week. I have yarn ordered so I’m hoping I receive that before next weeks post as new stash is always nice to look at lol.

I was asked during the week if I was organised despite having 7 children or because I have 7 children and I’d say the answer is a little of both. I’m an ultra organised person anyway, a little military training in there suited me anyway and with 7 now soon to be 8 children I’d never get anything done and everyone where they need to be if I wasn’t organised and I have a great routine that as you can imagine I don’t like to stray to far away from.

Looking forward to catching up with all the YOP’s this week and welcome aboard all the new members its great to see so many new faces along with the lovely people from last week. Its making great blog reading during the week and my favourites list is growing ! lol.

Happy Knitting,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to YOP Year 2 Update

1. Wool Diaries says:

Oh my how cute are your washcloths. I can see them all sewn together and made into a blanket. So totally cute.

2. Otter says:

Congratulations on the new baby! Can't wait to see how quickly you get all the baby stuff done. My co-workers and I are awaiting the birth of our friend's baby, could be any moment now, we've been getting updates throughout the weekend. Baby's are so exciting!

3. Congratulations and what a great due date! 12 minutes after noon would be a good time to deliver too.I guess once you go beyond 4 children it's proportionally less work to have more LOL. I do admire your organisation skills though.

4. Lucie says:

Great additions to your list and those cloths are just the cutest things ever πŸ™‚ You will have the most trendy baby ever ;p Look forward to seeing your progress next week and new stash :)You is super dooper organised and having seen it in practice,I take my hat off to you! I couldn't cope with one child let alone 8 :-p

5. Vickie says:

Adorable little cloths so far Ruth. The mitten garland looks great already! Brian was just commenting last week how "funny" I am because I have a routine for everyone here and do not like to vary from it! πŸ˜‰

6. Oh wow, congratulations (I missed your last post). Baby knitting is the best :DYour list is sooooo long, which is really rather awesome πŸ˜€

7. Nicole says:

Congrats on the upcoming little one, that IS a very neat due date! Good luck on all of your baby projects, it's so great they're always the quickest to get started and finished, isn't it? That starfish cloth is by far my favorite this week, it's adorable!

8. Jen says:

Congratulations!Love those baby washcloths. I may need to make some for a friend who is due in September.

9. Cris says:

Congratulations on your newest addition – what a great reason to knit!!!!!!

10. Kim says:

I am just so excited for you Ruth! Your wee little one is so lucky to have a mama who is going to knit for him/her. While my birthday is not as cool as 12/12/12, it is 12/18/61… (okay, yes I am 50) and is exactly 1 week from Christmas. We will all be waiting on pins and needles for you when the time comes near. *smiles*

11. Marsha says:

Oh Ruth! I couldn't be happier for you and your new baby on the way! After following your blog for over a year now I fell like I know you and am so happy for you.Your list is impressive and I just know you will manage to get it all finished.PS: My mom's birthday is 12/25! She always loved the fact that she shares her birthday with the most famous person ever. LOL

12. Keri says:

Congratulations!!!!!! That;s wonderful news. I can't wait to see what you make for the little one. And December is a great month for a birthday!!!!

13. Bianca says:

Congratulations, Ruth! I think it's so cool that you're waiting to find out if it's a boy or girl, it seems like so few people do that anymore. I love the latest cloths; they are adorable.

14. Mary says:

ohh..a baby…a lovely readon to buy more yarn!

Congratulations Ruth on the new addition. I am so happy for you and your family. The knitting looks great and good luck with all your goals. Where's the stitching goals. lolLinda

Ah, now your last weeks mystery additions I get, I am normally quick to read between the lines.Love the baby feet cloth, very tempted with that one myselfI think I am fairly organised, but going by how many people tell me stuff (that I already know) helpfully reminding me, I'm guessing that everyone else thinks I'm disorganised!

17. Congratulations! That baby feet wash cloth is almost as darling as actual baby feet :)Look how cute your S'mittens are!

18. Sue says:

First of all Congrats on the upcoming bundle of joy….I pray you have a safe pregnancy and a fast, safe, and easy delivery with a healthy baby !!Secondly…I LOVE LOVE LOVE those cute wash cloths…they are totally adorable…And about organization…girl you must be super woman with super organizations skills to keep a family of 9 (soon to be 10 )going. I applaud you !!!!

19. Wow, such an impressive list of knitting for the baby and kids. I can't wait to see all of your items as the days progress. Baby knitting is so satisfying. Can't wait to count down with you to 12/12/12.

20. Just had to tell you, the baby feet washcloth made me "squee" so loud! I think I woke up the cat :)As usual your knitting is beautiful and congratulations on the pending arrival of the new addition. More baby stuff to look at, hooray!–shaunterriaca11i0pe.blogspot.com

21. Congratulations on your news and wow – what a great list! I didn't knit until I already had my children -my youngest was almost 2 – but I think I'd have made a billion things if I could have!

22. kate says:

A million congratulations! Wishing you an easy pregnancy and straightforward delivery, and looking forward to seeing what you make for your lovely family this year.Now I know why you're so organised πŸ™‚ Thank you!

23. Tricia says:

Congratulations again on your news, You certainly made some head way on the baby stuff, I wish I was just as organised πŸ˜‰ with my knitting.

24. Liz says:

Congratulations! You're going to have a busy year, your list is really impressive πŸ˜€ the mittens are adorable

25. Barbina says:

Congratulations Ruth! I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy! I love your new cloths! They are soo cute!Have a wonderful new week! xxBarbina

26. Sandy says:

WOW, looks like I missed some big news. Congrats to you and your family. Love that you're letting nature give you it's surprise. I always feel like people cheat themselves by knowing the babies sex. Quite an impressive list you've got going so far. I'm already in need of updating my list, lol. Though expected, I just didn't give it enough thought before hand with things needed to travel with for example.Exploring is right, it was a wonderful trip with hubby and DD.Hop over and see one of the things we explored and learned about in our travels.

27. Congratulations! And i love the baby feet washcloth!

28. Carolina22 says:

Congratulations!! Your baby washcloths are adorable! I added them to my queue so I can make one the next time I need a baby gift πŸ™‚

OMGoodness do you have your hands full with such fun and wonderful projects! What a great idea to make baby washcloths; what a sweet gift that would be.I remember using store bought ones for my first bebe; sigh…those were the days.

30. Laura says:

Congratulations πŸ™‚ Wow, that's quite a pile of projects you've got there! I think the baby feet cloth wins the cute award, though – adorable!

31. SoCal Debbie says:

The baby feet and ducky baby cloths are adorable!