Year Of Projects Post Year 2 !!

Welcome, welcome welcome, one and all to the first post for a new year of Year Of Projects or YOP.
We are now entering our second year and if you want to know more check out our group Here on Ravelry. You are all welcome to join in all you need is a blog and a love of knitting/crochet and off you go.

Working off last years list I was delighted with my progress but those who know me well will know how ambitious I am and always have lots more on there than is possible to complete with my schedule. The items that did not get complete and ones I still want to knit have been moved over to this year’s list and others I lost interest in have been dropped.

This year I aim to make my list a little different, there are some items I wish to knit but I don’t wish to pick out patterns for just yet and others I have a few and will pick one or two of, so although it may look like a lot some of them won’t make the cut as when the time comes they may not appeal.

The other thing with my list this year is I have another part to add onto my list in a couple of weeks and can’t just yet but all will become apparent. I certainly think I have enough on this part to be getting on with lol. The items on my list highlighted will lead you to the pattern.

Year of Projects List 2012/2013

Hats :-
Harry Potter Hufflepuff Beanie – just one left to complete the collection
Rib-A-Roni – I have yarn to knit three of these for the three younger children
Felicity
Spring Beret
Hermione Hearts Ron
Slouched Tuva Hat

Scarves :-
Strangling Vine Lace Scarf
Lace Ribbon Scarf
Scrunchable Scarf
Springtime Bandit
Stolen Moments Wrap
Branching Out – this is started and just needs finishing off

Cowls :-
These are a few of the patterns I like but I’ve not picked which one or indeed how many of them I will knit, that is to be decided when I start on a cowl.
Eirin Cowl – these also have a pattern for fingerless gloves which I love also
Rhosyn Cowl – these also come with a pair of matching fingerless gloves and a headband
Pendleton Cowl – I love the colourwork in this one

Fingerless Gloves :-
I want to make one pair of fingerless gloves this year, more if I get the time. Again these are some of the patterns I have in mind but I’m undecided on which one.
Veyla
Brontes Mitts
Victoria Fingerless Mittens
Susie’s Reading Mitts
Hermione Hearts Ron Fingerless Gloves

Socks :-
I would love to knit a good few pairs of socks but that not may be possible so I shall aim to knit this pair anyway and anything over that shall be a bonus.
Hermiones Everyday Socks

Dishcloths :-
My aim is to continue knitting one a week until the end of December. This post I’m moving here to a Sunday and I’m making it part of the projects as it will be something I’m doing.

Advent Garland :-
Smitten A Holiday Garland – this I fell in love with and as family who love an advent claendar I thought this might be different and fun this year, espeically if I fill each mitten with a little piece of chocolate for each of the children.

That is it, I have one other part to add onto this list as I said and I will add that on in two weeks time.

This last week now I did concentrate on getting some cloths done and I’m nearly up to date. I just have two more to do and I am all caught up again. Here is a picture of the two I got knit this week.
Again it is Grandmothers Favourite pattern.

Grandmothers Favourite

Thats it for this week. This coming week I aim to continue getting up to date with my cloths before settling into things on my list.
I’m off now to check round on all the other participants and see what wonderful items they have planned and I wonder how many more will be added to my favourites pile on Ravelry lol.

Happy Knitting,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Year Of Projects Post Year 2 !!

1. Vickie says:

Once again, WOW, what a list! I have noticed interesting NAMES of some of those projects Ruth. πŸ˜‰

2. That is one awesome list – you're going to be very busy! πŸ™‚

3. Wool Diaries says:

Love your list. I love that idea of a dish cloth a week, unfortunately here in South Africa I can't find decent cotton thats cheap enough for me to use.

4. This looks like a really interesting list. I love that you've included such a diverse range of projects!

5. Laura says:

That's such a lovely list of projects – nice to meet someone who over-commits themselves as much as I do ;DLook forward to hearing about what's going to happen in 2 weeks – very mysterious! Happy knitting πŸ™‚

6. Dorothy says:

Great list. You have some interesting hats and scarves which I must check out. I modified the Victorian Fingerless Mitts pattern for our Australian yarn and they've proven to be a real hit with the girls who work with my daughter. Its a lovely pattern. Have a great week. xoxox

7. Carole says:

I love your list, looks very well thought out and you have picked some great patterns.

8. Carin says:

What a great list that is !!Your knitting is lovely, love those colors.

9. Nicole says:

I have to say I love how you and others (including myself) are being a little more general in our lists this year! I think it keeps even more of a surprise element to our updates because we won't know what's cast on next! Good luck and great list! πŸ™‚

10. Keri says:

I have a crazy list too. We can be each other cheer leaders πŸ™‚

Your list is looking great…..I do like the advent mitten project, I too like advent stuff, so maybe I'll add it…..it's all very well and good making a list, publishing it and then seeing everyone else's list and wanting their ideas too……this reading is very dangerous!My Great Aunt always made fingerless mitts for all the farming family, and I would really like to find a good hardwearing mitt for Christmas presents which would fit the men folk who all have hands like shovels πŸ˜‰ so far, I'm not convinced I've found one.Have a great week Ruth, enjoy your school hols!

12. HillyT says:

Wow, you're going to be really busy. I have lots of cotton to use so I might add some dishcloths to my list later in the year. Thank you for the idea.

13. Great list, you're going to be very busy this year! And I love the dishcloths, they're very cute!

14. Tricia says:

Wow wow once again ruth, thats some list for year 2 :0)

15. Carolina22 says:

WOW what a list! You've given me some great ideas for after I finish my WIP πŸ™‚ Looking forward to seeing your progress!

16. Another great list. I just love seeing all the HP patterns pop up. It gives me some ideas for Christmas knitting.You're going to love Smitten – each little mitt knits up in an hour or so. I've been making mine with all odd balls and scraps. I've had good luck even with baby yarn, holding it double. I'm actually considering making a second so that DH can have his own. And I've already started picking up little stocking stuffers!

17. Shateen says:

i love your ambitious list…probably because it reminds me of my own! LOL! good luck!

18. Thoeria says:

Yikes Ruth! And you're planning on stitching, baking, gardening and *sleeping* during this year?! You're so efficient you scare me πŸ˜€ Looking forward to watching your progress!

19. Liz says:

I'm in awe of your list of scarves! Scarves are one thing I just can't get on with. Half way (or less) through I just loose interest and it's so hard to get going again! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress πŸ™‚

20. Sandy says:

Awesome list, and so organized. I love organization. My list was only partly in my head, then with the storm and outages I didn't do a good job writing it up. As I dosed off last night and came to this am I already thought of changes I should make on the list, lol.

21. Karoline says:

Good luck with your plans

22. the mitten garland is a must! I love it, also, your spring beret was on my list before I reminded myself that I like in Florida and would never wear it.

23. Suzanne says:

Awesome list, thanks for the warm welcome on my blog :-). I love Harry Potter too, that hermione hearts ron hat is so cute! I added it to my fav's.

24. Silverlotus says:

I really like the Year of Projects idea. I keep thinking I would like to knit my way through a book or something. Unfortunately, starting in July does work for me. It is something I'm going to keep in the back of my mind, though.Good luck with your projects!

25. Wow, that is some list!! I have been much more cautious with mine.Lace Ribbon scarf is a lovely pattern πŸ˜€

What a great list,Ruth! I'm excited for you.

27. Kim says:

An ambitious list? I would expect nothing less from you! πŸ™‚ I adore all your pattern choices and can't wait to see your surprise addition. Oh, and the Eirin Cowl? Now on my favorites list on Rav!*smiles and cheery wishes for a great year*