Finishing and Framing Celebrations !!

As you can guess from the header of the post I did indeed accomplish my goal of finishing and framing both pictures in time for the birthdays. I am doing one major happy dance here.

As usual I seem to be all last minute despite my best plans but this seems to work for me also.

First up was my dads present of the Gone Fishing Silhouette. It was finished on Thursday night and framed on Friday all ready in time for Saturday for when he and Caoimhe celebrated their birthdays.

Gone Fishing Silhouette Picture

I really love the colours in this and although they bore me to sleep the finished effect is always so lovely. My dad was fishing on his birthday in a competition which he won on one of the local days, so I’d say this was a very appropriate picture lol.

Caoimhe loved her horses picture and has a spot picked out on her wall for them. These I was so pleased to have done well in advance.
A little reminder of the horses.

Horses for Caoimhe.

Caoimhe wanted a heart shaped birthday cake and decorated with Love Heart sweets and this is what she came up with.

Heart shaped birthday cake with love heart sweets.
Heart shaped birthday cake.

Then I had to move onto the finishing of Elizabeth’s gorjuss picture. And YES its done and framed this morning all ready for her birthday tomorrow!

Gorjuss picture for Elizabeth.

Her cake is in the planning stages still so I shall have an update later in the week on her cake.
I also had time to frame the My Everything piece I did for our anniversary this year and I’m pleased with how it came out.

My Everything by The Sampler Girl

I’m really pleased with getting all these done in time and this week should see a more relaxed pace of stitching although with James birthday coming up in August and his Hogwarts Crest needing doing I feel I’ll be working on this one quite a bit lol.

Here is a picture of Elizabeth today with her bubble wrap dress we made, she had fun walking up and down it busting the bubbles when we decided to make a dress of it, very fashionable I think!

Miss Elizabeth modelling her Bubble Wrap Dress.

Happy Stitching,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Finishing and Framing Celebrations !!

1. Vickie says:

Hello Little Elizabeth! (wave) I love your dress. 🙂 Oh my! You did it! HOORAY!!Your father's picture is wonderful. Really, really like the effect.So glad you had Caoimhe's done already, as I know you were. What a beautiful cake Caoimhe! Happy Birthday. :)The framing is excellent on all of them Ruth. You should be so proud and pleased.♥

2. milly says:

So many finishes and all of them lovely. That cake is just fabulous!Elizabeth is such a sweetie!

Go you! And all framed too, I'm like you, everything tends to be eleventh hour stuff, I think my hubby is getting used to it now!The cake is lovely, did you have a heart tin, or cut it out from other shapes?Love the dress, that girl has style!

4. Lucie says:

Miss Elizabeth just looks the cutest little thing in her new dress 🙂 I can't believe how much she has grown!Well done to you on getting all of the pictures finished and framed in time for the celebrations and well done to Daddy for winning his fishing comp :)L x

Elizabeth looks so adorable in her bubble wrap dress. A huge well done on getting all those projects completed on time.

6. Oh my goodness you've been industrious!!!!

7. Melissa says:

Congrats on finishing and framing everything on time! Gone Fishing turned out beautiful, and I love the bubble-wrap dress. So cute 🙂

8. WOO HOO!!!! Fantastic job having all those things finished AND framed by the time of the celebrations!! I will admit to giving some pieces and then immediately taking them back to frame, LOL!Wish I could wear a bubble wrap dress!

9. ♥ Nia says:

hahahah what a lovely Bubble Wrap Dress 😀 So cute!!Gorgeous works! I loooove your gorjuss :)Hugs&smiles

Your daughter's name is exceptionally beautiful! I Googled it and love how it's pronounced and its meaning.The Gorjuss cross st is THE best! I Googled that too and bookmarked it for further, future perusal.

11. Silverlotus says:

Great job on the finishes! And I love the cake.Miss Elizabeth is adorable!

12. SoCal Debbie says:

You always amaze me, Ruth, by getting all your gifts done in time and framed before the birthday! You are so efficient! And your children's birthday cakes are always adorable!

13. Mangogirl says: