IHSW

Morning Bloggers,

A quick update on how the weekend went. I finished the rotation on Silhouette fishing last week and worked for the weekend on Gorjuss in a bid to get it nearly finished. I was working on the background stripes all weekend and I still have a little more to go, they are taking forever and are only stripes !
This is it at the start of the weekend.

Gorjuss – before

This is where I left it last night at the end of the weekend.

Gorjuss – after

I’ve just the bottom part of the stripes left to do and then the backstitch. I have a week left to get this done as Elizabeth’s birthday is the 26th.

As I said earlier I finished the rotation on silhouette and boy of boy was it boring, how many shades of cream can you fit in lol. I agree Dani it will be effective and lovely when done pity bout the putting to sleep bit though. I’m hoping the rest will come together quicker as I’m moving onto the darker shades now and it needs to be finished by this Saturday 23rd as Caoimhe and my Dads birthday is then! Luckily I’ve gotten Caoimhe’s horses done and are awaiting some wrapping paper.
This is silhouette before last weeks rotation.

Silhouette fishing – before

This is where it finished off.

Silhouette fishing – after

I’m starting on the the fishing now today and will try and get it done in between planning birthday cakes for the girls lol.
Hope you all had a good IHSW and I’ll hopefully get round to everyone over the week.

Happy Stitching,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to IHSW

1. Melissa says:

Great Progress!!! Looks like the stripes are almost done so hang in there πŸ™‚ I hate monotonous things like that!! Hours of stitching and then it looks like nothing has been done.Anyway, both projects looks great and seemed to have gotten plenty loving attention this weekend :)Happy Stitching!!!Melissa

2. Vickie says:

Hooray! You have made great progress Ruth. Those stripes are worth it. They seem to add so much to the picture. The creams may be boring, but I love the effect. How, well I was going to say pretty. I am probably not supposed to say how pretty for a fishing picture. πŸ˜‰ β™₯

3. Thoeria says:

Great progress Ruth! Knowing how organised and efficient you are, I have no doubt that you'll be ready! (standing on the side lines waving my pom poms "Go Ruth! Go Ruth!")

4. Melissa says:

Great progress on both your pieces! Good luck finishing Gorjuss πŸ™‚

5. Bea says:

Good progress on both pieces. I'm sure you'll meet your deadlines.

6. tiffstitch says:

Beautiful work on both! I hope you make your deadlines!

Is this cross st? What a fun design!

8. Great progress on both projects I hope you've come up with a good strategy to keep yourself awake while wokring on Gone Fishing.

9. Ewa says:

Great progress, Ruth! I just finished catching up on your past posts and am so happy you posted how to pronounce your daughter's name – I was about to ask you that myself! Irish names are so beautiful and magical in their meanings. Would love to hear more about that!

10. Melissa says:

Ruth! You won some hand dyed floss from my giveaway! Pop me an email with you mailing address at k73mmf@mun.ca,Thanks and congrats πŸ™‚

11. Karoline says:

Great progress on both your wips, they look lovely

12. β™₯ Nia says:

I'm stitching gorjuss too πŸ™‚ i'm stitching 'hang me up to dry' but you're almost finishing yours! Great work πŸ™‚

13. milly says:

HelloYour stitching looks lovely and you've made great progress. Good luck for getting them finished on time.

14. Mangogirl says:

Gorjuss stitching πŸ˜€ I like.the silhouette