Catching Up

Morning Bloggers from a very wet rainy Ireland.

I’ve got some good hours done on stitching this week.
First up was Gorjuss and I’m really hoping one more rotation this week will see it finished, I’ve got the frame ordered so hopefully its all ready to go in time.

Gorjuss – Before rotation
Gorjuss- after rotation.

As you can see from the after I’ve the books and ground put in and have started the stripes for the wall paper, I just need to finish this off and do the back stitching.

I didn’t get a chance to work on The Old West this week so I’ve no update on that. Linda I do hope to be back to it this week.

Next on the rotation was the silhouette fishing and Dani was so right, it puts you to sleep, its just row after row of similar colour but its getting there and as I don’t have the other fishing one ready I have to stick with this one. I’m only half way through the rotation on this one so I’ve only a bit of a change between the before and after.

Silhouette Fishing – before
Silhouette Fishing – after

Thats all on the stitching front this week, I’ll be continuing to work on both gorjuss and silhouette this week again in a bid to finish them up.

Thoeria hit the nail on the end last week with Elizabeth, she is the most mischievous of all the children and likes nothing better than getting into mischief of all sorts lol.
One of the fine days we had recently I got some snaps of Ruairí, Benjamin and Elizabeth in the play area, this slide is for Ruairí and Benjamin with a smaller one for Elizabeth but she was having none of that and decided she was going to use theirs !

See me Mammy on top!

Whoosh !! crash into the boys lol

Ruairí giving Benjamin bunny ears

Benjamin’s turn to whoosh down into Ruairí

Happy stitching everyone until next week !

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Catching Up

1. Vickie says:

Oh Ruth! The children are so happy, they made Madeleine and I laugh! You certainly have stitched a lot. Good, you will get the presents done on time. 😉

2. Carol says:

Ruth, I must say, you have the happiest looking children I've ever seen–what wonderful smiles :)Lovely progress on your Gorjuss girl, too!

Great progress on both pieces Ruth. Don't worry about The Old West, my hands are still really bad and I haven't worked on it. Love the pics of your kids and their happy smiles.Linda

4. lanybleu says:

Your Children look to be having great fun, hope the sun keeps shining so they can continue to. Your stitching is coming along great.

5. I love Gorjuss – what a sweet piece. I don't think I could handle the stitchin on Olde West… I'm sure I'd fall asleep with needle in hand but good for you for sticking with it! The kids are adorable and so happy; I can just hear them laughing!

6. Karoline says:

Cute photo's of the children.Your wips are coming along nicely.

7. I'm loving gorjuss!Keep plugging away at the fisherman it does look great when finished just bor-ing!

8. Kim says:

Your children? Precious! Every time I see your cross-stitching it makes me want to take the art back up-but for now I must stick with just one thing, and knitting it will be. Your pieces are amazing.*smiles*

I love your before and afters, it's lovely to see the stitching develop.Your kids are gorgeous, I like kids with a bit of spirit and you can see yours have that…..I can't wait for the sun to come out again, it seems like forever ago with the rain we've had this week.Take care.xP.S been meaning to say that the cake was coloured with paste colours which I got from a good local cook shop, you have to use far less than the liquid as the colours are very strong.

10. Mangogirl says: