What a difference a week makes !

Afternoon bloggers !

As the title suggests a week and a lot of difference not only have we gone from summer warm sunshine to rain rain and more rain but where I was lamenting only managing just over 10 hours a week stitching I got in over 20 this week.

That is due in part to 1. having the rain and 2. the children had an unexpected mid term break.
At this time of year we normally only have the bank holiday (yesterday) off but last Thursday we had a vote so the school was closed as its the polling station and then with the Monday off the school decided go give us the Friday so we relaxed and enjoyed the time off. We unfortunately didn’t have much weather with yesterday showing a few snatched dry hours in order to get outside.

So here’s how the stitching went.
I was finishing up the rotation on the Gorjuss kit that you saw last week so this is where it stands now.

gorjuss kit for Elizabeth.

This is now back on the stand for another rotation again this week. Elizabeth’s birthday is the 26th and it needs finishing and framing by then !

You remember last week I was debating what to do over my dads present, his birthday is the 23rd, the same days as Caoimhe and I’m not going to get the fishing picture done on time so I set it aside for the moment, had a root around in my stash and found a silhouette picture of a fisherman and I’ve started this. Its smaller in size so here’s hoping I can get it done on time.
Here is where it is after its first rotation last week.

Silhouette fishing

On Thursdays I have a SAL going with Linda over at Stitchin with my Furbabies . We are currently working on LHN’s The Old West and this is where mine finished up last Thursday.

LHN’s The Old West

This week I’m hoping to get more done on Gorjuss and Silhouette in a bid to get them done on time and then move onto my photo stitch and Hogwarts Crest later in the month.

I was asked a week ago how you pronounce Caoimhe’s name, I’m sorry I just remembered it now.
We pronounce it Key Va , here in Ireland there is another way to pronounce it and depends on what part of the country you learned Irish in as there are slight different pronouncements. Her name is the Irish female form of Kevin and means beauty. Irish names all have wonderful meanings. Ruairí is pronounced Roo Ree and means Red King and is the Irish of Rory.

Now remember I said it was raining, well Elizabeth yesterday in the few short hours it stopped raining donned her boots and went outside to jump up and down in muddy puddles ! She is a water baby through and through and loves nothing more that to be playing with it so both eyes are needed on her !

Elizabeth jumping up and down in muddy puddles ! 🙂

That’s it all for this week, hoping to catch up with you all over a cup of tea to see what you have been doing.

Happy Stitching,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to What a difference a week makes !

1. Thoeria says:

Oh my Ruth…Elizabeth is just so cute!!! I can't believe how big she has grown! She has such a naughty little face :)The stitching is coming along fabulously I see – I'm sure that you'll get it all done in time!We've been notified to expect a cold front this weekend – which is to be expected as it's heading towards winter here! Hope your sun comes back soon

2. Thoeria says:

3. Vickie says:

Oh Elizabeth!♥ My you have gotten a lot done! Good for you. I hope your new stitch for your Dad works out on time.

Lovely stitching, I'm sure knowing you, you will get your dads stitching done in time for his birthday, but if you're anything like me it will be eleventh hour sort of stuff!We've had continuous rain today, but all got out in it anyway for a picnic with the church, I think onlooking dog walkers must have thought we were nuts! Hubby is even talking about lighting a fire tonight it is certainly a bit nippy. Enjoy your week.

5. SoCal Debbie says:

Wonderful stitching, Ruth! I'm sure you'll finish the Fishing Silhouette for your dad in time. Elizabeth looks like she is having a fun time in the puddles!

6. Tricia says:

Oh ruth you never cease to amaze me, Im still finding it hard to to put my work into rotation, but will get there.Elizabeth has grown so much, cant wait to see her and the others during the summer hols xx

Great progress on your pieces Ruth. Great start on your Dad's piece. Elizabeth looks like she is having fun. The look says "Quit taking my picture". lolAs always, you are way ahead of me on The Old West. oh sigh!!Linda

Good luck with getting the birthday stitching done – I'm sure with your determination it will be done – they are looking great.

9. Sandy says:

The stitching looks awesome, and the puddles and the cute little one…priceless.

10. Silverlotus says:

There is few things children love more than jumping in puddles. Very cute.I'll cross my fingers that you get your stitching done on time. It is looking great!

11. Lovely stitching! Fingers crossed you get them stitched before the deadlines loom any closer :o)Just look at the gorgeous Elizabeth – she was obviously have the best of times :o)We have rain (and storms) here too today but then again we should have rain as it's winter on this side of the world and we so need the rain!!

12. Gorjus is looking great!!!I've stitched up that fisherman, it looks great all stitched up however I found it put me to sleep!!!

13. Anne says:

Lovely Wip's!! I think the Gorjus girl is looking pretty cute!!

14. Debby says:

Ruth,I love watching all your lovely projects grow and be finished! And I marvel at how much you get done with an active family of young children. I must admit, I would never have figured "Key Va" from Caoimhe!! But such a lovely name for a lovely young lady! Keep up the great stitching and knitting and keeping us up on the activities of your lovely youngun's!!!

15. Mangogirl says: