For theme a licious this month it was May Memories where we were to work on our WIP’s and give them some love and attention.
Well I did work on them, maybe not near the extent to what I wanted 30 hours each but the month got hectic and I’m pleased with what I did manage.
At the start of the year I was managing 30 hours a week easy stitching this is now down to half of that so all in all I did pretty good. I am hoping over the month of June this will settle back down as I find my stitching time a good relaxer to the end of the day and I need it I find lol.
The WIP’s I chose for this month were –
1. Fishing picture for my Dad. The border on this is slow going as its all in similar shades and a mixture of one or two threads in half and full stitches and it can be quite difficult to see where the stitches are. I now have the trouble of realising this won’t be finished for the end of June so I may take out a smaller fishing alternative and finish this for Christmas.
|Fishing picture at the start of the month|
|Fishing picture at the end of the month|
2. The next WIP was the gorjuss kit for Elizabeth. This will be done by the end of the month for her birthday.
|Gorjuss at the start of the month|
|Gorjuss at the end of the month|
3. The last WIP I chose to work on this month was the Hogwarts Crest for James. This I’m enjoying and it seems to be a bit slow going but I’m hoping to crack on with it now this and next month,
|Hogwarts Crest at the start of the month|
|Hogwarts at the end of the month|
So all in all I’m pleased with the progress, not as much as I hoped for but I always aim high lol.
The theme for June is
Is it a jungle out there in your stash? Give some love to the projects with animals or birds.
For this I’m going to work on my photo stitch of Alan that I had converted earlier in the year. This is a photo we took a couple of years ago at the zoo here in Dublin. Alan’s favourite animals are the tigers and when we reached the enclosure he was pleased to see one of them down at the viewing window and we were fortunate enough to get this photo.
This is what it will look like when finished.
|What the completed picture will look like.|
This is where I left it after the crazy start back in January.
|Where it was left after January’s crazy start|
If you want to check out more about the theme a licious each month then head on over to Heather’s blog at Its Geek to Me
Now onto a look at this months goals and a look into next months
May Goals –
- Stitch 30 hours on Fishing, Hogwarts and Gorjuss pictures.- about half the hours worked on each.
- Knit 4 dishcloths – one out of the four complete
- Work on the Branching Out Scarf – not even touched
- Finish the Slytherin Beanie- complete
June Goals –
- Work on Hogwarts Crest and Photo Stitch
- Finish Gorjuss Kit
- Catch up on dishcloths
- Finish Ruairi’s socks
This is the catch up for the month hope you enjoyed reading all and I look forward to catching up with others theme’s for the month.
Have you set goals for the coming month ?