Theme-a-licious Catch Up

Its hard to believe we are at the end of another month, is it me or are these months going crazily fast !

For theme a licious this month it was May Memories where we were to work on our WIP’s and give them some love and attention.

Well I did work on them, maybe not near the extent to what I wanted 30 hours each but the month got hectic and I’m pleased with what I did manage.
At the start of the year I was managing 30 hours a week easy stitching this is now down to half of that so all in all I did  pretty good. I am hoping over the month of June this will settle back down as I find my stitching time a good relaxer to the end of the day and I need it I find lol.

The WIP’s I chose for this month were –
1. Fishing picture for my Dad. The border on this is slow going as its all in similar shades and a mixture of one or two threads in half and full stitches and it can be quite difficult to see where the stitches are. I now have the trouble of realising this won’t be finished for the end of June so I may take out a smaller fishing alternative and finish this for Christmas.

Fishing picture at the start of the month

Fishing picture at the end of the month

2. The next WIP was the gorjuss kit for Elizabeth. This will be done by the end of the month for her birthday.

Gorjuss at the start of the month
Gorjuss at the end of the month

3. The last WIP I chose to work on this month was the Hogwarts Crest for James. This I’m enjoying and it seems to be a bit slow going but I’m hoping to crack on with it now this and next month,

Hogwarts Crest at the start of the month

Hogwarts at the end of the month

So all in all I’m pleased with the progress, not as much as I hoped for but I always aim high lol.

The theme for June is
Jumanji June

Is it a jungle out there in your stash? Give some love to the projects with animals or birds.

For this I’m going to work on my photo stitch of Alan that I had converted earlier in the year. This is a photo we took a couple of years ago at the zoo here in Dublin. Alan’s favourite animals are the tigers and when we reached the enclosure he was pleased to see one of them down at the viewing window and we were fortunate enough to get this photo.
This is what it will look like when finished.

What the completed picture will look like.

This is where I left it after the crazy start back in January.

Where it was left after January’s crazy start

If you want to check out more about the theme a licious each month then head on over to Heather’s blog at Its Geek to Me

Now onto a look at this months goals and a look into next months

May Goals –

• Stitch 30 hours on Fishing, Hogwarts and Gorjuss pictures.- about half the hours worked on each.
  • Knit 4 dishcloths – one out of the four complete
  • Work on the Branching Out Scarf – not even touched
  • Finish the Slytherin Beanie- complete

June Goals –

• Work on Hogwarts Crest and Photo Stitch
  • Finish Gorjuss Kit
  • Catch up on dishcloths
  • Finish Ruairi’s socks

This is the catch up for the month hope you enjoyed reading all and I look forward to catching up with others theme’s for the month.
Have you set goals for the coming month ?

Happy stitching,

13 Responses to Theme-a-licious Catch Up

1. Vickie says:

Oh Ruth! You always expect so much from yourself! I do hope you settle on something for your father's present. 🙂

2. Silverlotus says:

Great progress, Ruth. And my goodness, those are some big goals. Good luck, I'm sure you will do great!

3. Lucie says:

Great progress chick, they are all looking fab and the gorjuss is well just gorgeous :)Good luck with the goals for June and I hope things settle down for you so you get your relaxing time L xx

4. Lucie says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

5. Sherrie says:

Hi!Awesome progress on your projects. Love the fishing project, it's beautiful. Have a great day!SherrieFood for Thought

6. McKenna C. says:

Oh you've made great progress on them all! I can't wait to see gorjuss finished!~McKennachiccrafting.blogspot.com

7. That fishing piece is progressing wonderfully!Some months we just don't get done what we'd like… great goals for next month!

8. SoCal Debbie says:

I'm sure you'll meet your goals this month. Will you really start a new fishing picture instead of trying to finish this one? Gorjuss looks so cute, will be done soon! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your weekly dish cloths.

9. Tricia says:

Oh Ruth you are going great, putting me to shame, roll on the school hols so I can get stuck in properly.Maybe we can use the photo stitch as SAL to help each other along 🙂

You got alot done Ruth. They all look great. School break soon, so you can get caught up.Linda

11. Wow, 30 hours a week is great! Even 15 is good…I'm sure I don't manage that much a lot of weeks! Everything looks great. That tiger picture is amazing! It looks like he's right beside the beastie, LOL! Your conversion looks like it will be wonderful.

12. Thoeria says:

Lookin' great Ruth! Especially love the gorjuss 🙂 Have you read any good books recently?

13. Karoline says:

Great progress on your wips.Glad to hear that Caoimhe's First Communion was a big sucess