Caoimhe’s First Holy Communion

The day and indeed the weekend I have to say was a total success. Caoimhe had a wonderfully special time and I owe a big thank you to all family and friends who made her day so special for her.
Click on any of the pictures and it will enlarge them for you.

Caoimhe in her dress.

Caoimhe in her dress

Caoimhe’s part in the ceremony was reading the second reading, this is her coming back from doing that, she did a wonderful job.

Second reading all done

This is my favourite picture of the day. This is her returning after receiving the Sacrament of the Eucharist.

Caoimhe returning from receiving communion

Afterwards we had a party at the house to celebrate the day and occasion. The day was wonderfully warm and sunny so she could remove her bolero jacket.

Caoimhe without the jacket

Her cousin Grace was here and they are inseparable when together.

Caoimhe and Grace

Before the boys scarpered and changed into shorts I nabbed them for some photos.
Here is Caoimhe with her bigger brothers.

Caoimhe and her bigger brothers

Elizabeth had a wonderful time eating the cheese and grape cocktail sticks at the start of the day lol !
She was in her pink cardigan and pink dress, and she told everyone it was pink and she looked pretty ! lol nothing like confidence.

Elizabeth.

I managed to get all of the children to stand still long enough for a photo. I asked the smaller children to show me there super smiley faces and this is Ruairi’s lol.

All the children together.

Then we had pictures with the grandparents.
Here is Caoimhe with Ann my mil. This is a beautiful picture of them both.

Caoimhe with her Granny Ann.

Here is Caoimhe with my parents.

Caoimhe with her Grandad and Granny

And lastly here she is with Ian and I, I eventually got out from behind the camera and there are only one or two let me say of me in front of the camera lol.

Caoimhe and her Daddy, I love this picture to.

Caoimhe and I

Caoimhe with both of us.

I hope you’ve not been to bored. The buffet went down a success so it did with all enjoying it and the mint cheesecake was a hit and was so delicious, something to add to the list of desserts for the future I think. I got no photos of it as it didn’t last that long, in fact none of the desserts did with each guest requesting a medley so they wouldn’t have to pick just one lol.

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures from her special day.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Caoimhe’s First Holy Communion

1. Vickie says:

Wonderful! Beautiful! Thank you Ruth. So glad you had a fabulous day for it. Tell Caoimhe she looked positively beautiful. Oh wait, I bet you already did!! πŸ™‚ The picture of all the children together is priceless! HA β™₯

2. Caoimhe is a very pretty young lady. Know her day will be special to her. Love the picture of all the children.

3. Carol says:

What a special day for all of you! Congratulations to Caoimhe on her First Communion–she looks oh so lovely πŸ™‚

4. Elisa says:

Looks like a truly special day for the whole family. Isaac makes his First Holy Communion on 17th June, so not long to go now!

What a great day. I love all the pics. Your children are so adorable Ruth.Linda

6. Thoeria says:

What a wonderful special day Ruth. The pic of all the kiddies is just too beautiful! And I'm sure that in years to come she is going to treasure the ones of you and Ian with her πŸ™‚ And little Miss Elizabeth is just tooo gorgeous for words! What little girl doesn't look pretty in pink! πŸ™‚

7. Kathy A. says:

Beautiful pictures. What a lovely family you have.How do you pronounce your daughter's name?

8. Tricia says:

Gorgeous Pictures Ruth, you all look stunning especially Caoimhe x

9. dulcinella says:

I loved your pictures. Your daughter looks so adorable!

What gorgeous photos Ruth, your brood all look lovely, but Caoimhe looks beautiful in her lovely dress. Nice to see the rest of your family too, what a special occasion.Puddings never last long at our table either, and normally when asked what a person would like out of a number of choices, it's generally, "I'll start with…."

11. SoCal Debbie says:

I loved all the photos of your children! They are adorable. Too bad we couldn't see a pic of the dessert table!

12. All I can say is Adorable and congratulations!!!

13. Congratulations! Your daughter looked beautiful on her special day, and you have a wonderful family πŸ™‚