Theme-a-licious and catching up

Good morning bloggers !

It seems like awhile since I’ve been on but I think its just where I was so busy I didn’t get round to visiting you all this past week.

Its been hectic, we have been preparing Caoimhe for her First Holy Communion and she makes it the 26th and we are having a party at the house afterwards so lots to be done in preparation for all of that. James has gone on his school tour, he left Monday and comes back this evening. He was going to an adventure park and is having a wonderful time. Its the first time he’s been away from home on his own without his Dad or I. This is the start of the Independence and I’m not sure I’m going to like it lol. It is a natural part of them growing up but it doesn’t mean I have to like it.

I have been stitching, even if I’ve not been blogging. I finished off the rotation on gorjuss and this is where it stands right now.

Gorjuss

I then did The Old West which is a SAL I’m doing with Linda over at Stitchin with my Furbabies.

The Old West

I am nearly finished the rotation on the Hogwarts Crest but have no picture as I need to recharge the battery on the camera, I always leave it till its run out, even though its been warning me for the last week lol. Pictures of that in the next post.

This brings the rotations into line for the theme-a-licious which the aim is to work 30 hours on each of the Fishing, Hogwarts Crest and the Gorjuss wip’s. Check back at the end of the month to see it I make it to it.

IHSW is this coming weekend so you know what that means…a weekend devoted to stitching. I expect the fishing picture to be on the stand for this coming weekend and if I get the rotation complete over the weekend I will be pleased. To sign up or to just read more about IHSW check out Joysze over at her blog Random Ramblings

Happy stitching,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Theme-a-licious and catching up

1. Vickie says:

Well you have been accomplishing much haven't you. I did not care for the start of independence with the children either. I am still struggling with each milestone with them. Ah well! We are busy preparing for Madeleine's Confirmation over here. 🙂

2. SoCal Debbie says:

Your stitching looks great! I'm always amazed at how organized you are with everything!

3. Sandy says:

Thanks for the visit, sounds like you've been busy. How old is your son, since this is first being away from home curious. I love Westerns so am anxious to see this cross stitch progress.

4. Tricia says:

Oh Ruth I sure James is loving the independance, and the fun part will be hearing all about his adventures :0).Loving the stitching and Im always in awe of how organised you are.

5. Thoeria says:

You have been busy! Are you baking for the party? What yummy goodness will be coming out of your oven I wonder 🙂 I'm sure Jame's is enjoying himself tremendously! I know my eldest loved being away on her trips!

6. Mangogirl says:

gorgeous stitching 🙂

7. Melissa says:

Great job on both your projects! Have fun stitching this weekend 🙂

8. Silverlotus says:

The Gorjuss design is turning out just gorgeous! lol! I want to stitch one myself, one day. ;)I hope you are dealing well with James being away. I can't imagine! I'll be so lost/worried/something when my guy starts school in September. I can't even contemplate that he might go away without me one day. lol!

9. Gorjuss is looking cute!!!

Great progress Ruth. My hands are finally starting to heal, so I should be able to work on The Old West next Thursday. Yours is looking good and you aren't too far ahead.Linda

Your sewing projects look great, sounds like your week has been a busy one, I'm not sure what I've been doing, but I know I haven't got the things done I wanted to……ah well, there's always next week!When the kids go off on trips it's a bit odd isn't it, only my oldest has gone so far and it totally changes the sound levels in the house! And even the middle boy who is normally bickering with him, misses him!

12. Ewa says: