This weeks update sees a finish and a start.
I worked on Dominic’s Slytherin Beanie and it is now complete.
|Dominic modelling his Slytherin Beanie|
I also started another pair of socks. These ones I think will be for Ruairí, if they don’t fit then Benjamin lol. I started these Critter socks from the book Toe Up Socks for Every Body by Wendy D Johnson. I may leave off the birds and chickens as the boys don’t seem so impressed by them… I guess they are not dinosaurs lol.
I learned a new cast on method, the figure 8 cast on, and although I got them cast on no problem I did find the first row fiddly and I restarted these at least 9/10 times until I was happy with them. I am now past the toe and its just garter stitch until I do the gusset. We shall see how they go from here.
This really sums up the weeks knitting and I will press on with these socks and see how they go. I do still have the scarf but as that’s for an Xmas present there is no immediate rush.
I will also get back to doing some more crochet squares. Thank you for the lovely comments on them, I’m very impressed with them for being my first crochet attempt.