Theme-a-licious and Catch Up

Morning Bloggers,

Another month at an end, boy are they moving quick and here we are again for a theme a licious catch up and goal setting.

April was Amazon April, where we had to dig out our biggest projects and work on them.

My aim was to work 20 hours on my biggest projects.

1. Fishing Picture.
This is where it was at the start of the month.

Fishing picture – before

This is where I left it at the end of the month and after 20 hours on it.

Fishing picture – after

2 Hogwarts Crest.
This is where the Hogwarts Crest was at the start of the month.

Hogwarts Crest – before

This is where Hogwarts Crest is at the end of the month after 20 hours work on it.

Hogwarts Crest – after

My third picture to work on was Sanctuary my HAED but I’m afraid I didn’t get that done this month. I’m pleased with what I did get done as they are both birthday gifts and Sanctuary is for myself so that’s in the right order lol.

Theme-a-licious for May is

May Memories

Remember when you took that class? Or decided to commemorate that event? And then abandoned your poor WIP? Take a stroll down memory lane by working on it again.

For May I’m taking back out the above two projects and I’m adding in a Gorjuss picture that I’m doing for Elizabeth’s birthday, all are WIP’s and have deadlines for the summer as there birthdays are in June and August.

So I will be aiming to do 30 hours each on

1. Fishing Picture.
2. Hogwarts Crest.
3. Gorjuss picture.

Now for Goal Setting, this month has been hit and miss, lots going on that I just can’t mention right now so its been hard to get my head into stitching and knitting mode some days but it will get there.
Lets take a look at this months goals and see how they fared.

April Goals –

• Get 20 hours of stitching in on each of the following, Fishing Picture, Hogwarts Crest and Sanctuary of Knowledge – 20 Hours done on Fishing and Hogwarts but not Sanctuary
  • Finish Caoimhe’s Horses Picture   Done
  • Knit 4 Dishcloths  Done
  • Finish March’s scarf and cast on another for April – Still working on the Branching Out scarf
  • Finish the Slytherin Beanie and cast on the Hufflepuff one. Nearly done the Slytherin
  • Cast on another pair of socks. Not Done

With this past two months goals in mind and all that’s going on I’m paring down the list some.

May Goals –

• Stitch 30 hours on Fishing, Hogwarts and Gorjuss pictures.
  • Knit 4 dishcloths
  • Work on the Branching Out Scarf
  • Finish the Slytherin Beanie

This I feel is loads to take on for now so we shall see how they go.

How has your theme a licious for April been ? Remember if you want to read more on it and who’s participating just check out Heathers Blog  at Its Geek to Me

Happy stitching

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Theme-a-licious and Catch Up

1. Karoline says:

Great progess on both those wips, good luck with your May goals

2. Vickie says:

Oh hooray Ruth! As I read your post I was very much thinking the same thing, make the list a bit smaller, more feasible. 🙂 That fishing picture for your Dad is very nice. ♥

3. Silverlotus says:

Wow, you made great progress on your pieces Ruth. Well done!I also like your goal for making four dishcloths a month. I really need to do that too.

4. Thoeria says:

I think you've done great Ruth, all things considering. Hope you guys are doing well

Great progress on both pieces Ruth. I really like the fishing one. I didn't work on The Old West last week. Was in bed with an infection in my leg. It is doing better now.Linda

6. Sherrie says:

Hi!Beautiful work! Love your Fishing picture, will be beautiful when finished. Have a great day!SherrieFood for Thought

7. That's very impressible progress on that fishing picture! It looks like it has a lot of color changes!! I'm loving the Hogwarts crest, of course. =)

8. You are making wonderful progress on your WIPs, and I adore your Hogwarts crest! Methinks I need to add some Harry Potter patterns to my stash 🙂

9. dulcinella says:

You managed to get quite a lot of stitching done in april! I love your fishing project. Wishing you lots of luck with the may goals.

10. Daffycat says:

OK, I'm having an inferiority complex situation, girl! Holy moly you can stitch! That is awesome progress.

11. Shebafudge says:

Great progress for the month. Well done you!

12. Mangogirl says:

gorgeous stitching 😀 great progress!