Finishing, Framing and Birthday Fun !

Morning Bloggers !

I think you may pour out a cuppa and pull up a chair this is going to be a long one šŸ™‚

Where to begin…ah yes where I finished last week

I had started The Sampler Girls piece called My Everything.
Well its finished and awaiting a frame and all in lots of time for our anniversary. Our anniversary is May 6th when we’ll be 12 years married šŸ™‚
This was stitched on 28ct Dark Red Jobelan and I used Belle Soie Icing Sugar.

The Sampler Girls – My Everything

After this I started the Hogwarts Crest for its 10 hour rotation which is now finished.

Hogwarts Crest – Before

Hogwarts Crest – After

I’m now moving onto Caoimhe’s horse picture.

I’ve also got some framing done.

Remember the Hunting picture for my hubby. Well here it is all framed ready for his birthday.

Hunting Picture framed.

I also got Mr Darcy’s Letter framed and ready for the wall.

Mr Darcy’s Letter framed.

On Saturday it was my birthday and I got some gorgeous and thoughtful gifts from my family and friends.
I wanted sock yarn so hubby and my mum and aunt gave me vouchers for that, I’m still picking out what I want lol.
With my birthday being so close to Easter the children wanted to get me some chocolate eggs, this I enjoy as my birthday falls on Easter only rarely, the last time was my 18th which was Easter Sunday then and I got eggs as part of my gifts then to lol.

I might add I also got some more after these and some chocolates as well so I now have a nice supply of chocolate to keep me going lol. Hubby and the children also got me some lovely pink roses.

My friend Lucie from Lucie’s Stitching Journey sent me this wonderful parcel of Sampler Girl goodies and threads and some magic 25ct for some HAED’s šŸ™‚

My friend Tricia from Tricia’s Craft Box sent me the cutest cushion and some lovely yarn.

My friend Vickie from A Stitcher’s Story sent me this lovely gift.

Now what a lovely selection of gifts I think you’ll agree, thank you ever so much you touched my heart with your kindness. šŸ™‚

And what would a birthday be without cake !.
I went with a Spring/Easter themed one in pastel colours. Me I fancied a plain fresh cream and jam sponge decorated simply. Now this is my style really tasty but simple and classic šŸ™‚

There I leave you, the children have this week off for Easter holidays and with the dreadful  spring cleaning out of the way I can enjoy the rest of this week. šŸ™‚

Happy Stitching,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Finishing, Framing and Birthday Fun !

1. stitcheranon says:

Happy belated birthday wishes! Lovely job with the framing: really shows your work at its best

2. Vickie says:

What wonderful gifts! Funny little cushion Tricia, that's good. šŸ™‚ Wow Ruth! What a lovely cake, so pretty. I am glad to see the pinkeep arrived in one piece, uncrushed. I thought it very appropriate, since we did meet through a stitching group.

3. Shirlee says:

What lovely projects, gifts, & goodies! That cake especially looks delicious! I wish you a very Happy Belated Birthday as well as an early Happy Anniversary!

4. Lucie says:

Oh well, who's a lucky girl then :-p All of your projects look great – well done :)Hope you saved me some cake!

Belated Happy Birthday wishes – it sounds as if you had a delightful day and lots of gorgeous presents and chocolate too!Well done on your stitching pieces, the framed pictures look wonderful – I am still amazed at how much you get done with such a large and young family.

6. McKenna C. says:

It sounds like you've been super busy! šŸ™‚ That cake looks delicious! ~McKenna

7. Ewa says:

Congratulations and happy birthday! I think any woman would appreciate chocolate, in egg form or otherwise šŸ˜‰

8. Tricia says:

See knew you would be spoilt :0), Im glad you liked the cushion.Just love the progress you made on the crest and love the the frame pieces too xx

Belated Happy Birthday Ruth. Congrats on getting two more pieces finished (you put me to shame). The framed pieces are great. Where do you order your frames from? Great gifts and that cake looks yummy.Linda

10. Thoeria says:

Absolutely GORGEOUS gifts Ruth! Cake looks divine too…… yummmmmmHunter looks fab all framed, and so does Mr Darcy!

Happy birthday me dear! Looks like you were truly spoilt, I'm glad! Your gifts are lovely and your cake looks scrummy, jam and cream is about the best I reckon.You've done well on all your finished stitch projects, I especially like your husbands hunt picture with the beagle.Enjoy your spring-clean free week!

12. Happy Belated Birthday!You got some lovely presents and food treats too.Great stitching this post too. I really like the white on red piece.

13. Happy Birthday & Happy Anniversary. We share anniversaries – hubby & I were also married on 6 May but in 2005! Love your stitching & framed pieces – well done on all the finishes. What a yummy looking cake ;0)

14. Shannon says:

Happy belated birthday! Your Easter cake looks delicious and I love the clean simplicity of the decorations and icing – beautiful!

15. Karoline says:

Happy Birthday Ruth, you got some great gifts.Your finishes are lovely, congratulations

16. Mangogirl says: