YOP Update

Afternoon Bloggers

Its practically a heatwave here in Ireland at the moment. We are hitting 20 degrees which is a heatwave and its set to continue for this week also. So with all this fine weather crafting hours have been cut drastically and I’m only getting my crafting hours in the evenings, terrible isn’t it lol. On the plus side I’ve my lawns all cut and trimmed and with half an acre thats a fair bit of lawn. My flower beds are done and replanted with some bedding plants and I’ve a few seeds to sow this coming week.

With all that done outside I’ve only gotten a small amount of knitting in.

I’ve finished the Topograph Cowl by Sarah at Verdigris Knits

The finished cowl
The reverse is just as pretty as the outside
Caoimhe modelling the cowl
Caoimhe showing off the cowl.

This is a good size on Caoimhe also so I think she’ll be getting one for this winter in some girrly colours.

On Thursday I was in the garden so I forgot my dishcloth post so this here is this weeks cloth.
This is Benjamins Harry Potter Sorting hat facecloth. He chose these two shades of blue for it to be worked in.

Harry Potter Sorting Hat Facecloth

I have two cloths left one for Dominic and one for Caoimhe.

This week  I’m hoping to work on the Slytherin Hat and the Branching Out scarf and I do have Ruairí’s socks to cast on but I think I’ll finish the hat first.

I leave you now with a picture of Caoimhe, Ruairí, Benjamin and Elizabeth enjoying the sun yesterday with a bun lol.

Ruairí, Caoimhe, Elizabeth, Benjamin

I’ll be back tomorrow with an update for stitching and Thursday a dishcloth update.

Happy Knitting,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to YOP Update

1. Sandy says:

What a darling picture of the kiddo's outside. I've done a bit of yard work also, but no where near being done with it. Worked on 2 beds, but couldn't finish the 2nd one…gotta pace myself with the back and knee issues I have. I really have been thinking about doing away with a couple of the beds and turning them back to grass to make less yard work. With each year I age, it gets harder to keep up. Love the cowl, it turned out great!

The cowel is lovely, lovely the intricate pattern and your daughter models it beautifully. It has been lovely here too, and I too have done the lawn which although not half an acre, using a push mower with broken drive makes all up hill work…..agggghhhh, however it's lovely to look out of the kitchen window at neat grass.We took the boys and my mum and dad out on a picnic lunch yesterday , when you live in places like we do, when the sun shines, you have to get out in it eh!

3. Gee I love that little sorting hat washcloth. I'm totally making one of those for my brother who is the world's biggest HP fan! Such a cute picture of the kids in the sun. We use to pose in our Sunday best near the car for very similar pictures when we were little.Enjoy your weather. We had those temps last week, but we're back to seasonal now … +5 to +9 😦

4. Vickie says:

So that's what you've been up to! Kids are enjoying the sun obviously. 🙂 Caoimhe looks great in that beautiful cowl.♥ Benjamin picked great colors too. 🙂

The cowl and facecloth turned out great. And, your kids are just adorable. Love the pic of them.Linda

6. Debbie says:

Must say that you have the most darling children. And I love your craft work, too!

7. stitcheranon says:

Love the knitting..the weather is amazing isnt it! I just hope this is not our summer!

8. The cowl is great! Your models are very cute, too!

9. SoCal Debbie says:

I agree with everyone else! Your knitting is wonderful and your children are beautiful!

10. Kim says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

11. Kim says:

Your little model looks so pretty in that cowel–and such an interesting color work pattern running throughout it. Your children are gorgeous and your sorting hat cloth is so much fun. Where are you getting those patterns? I am thinking maybe some fun little Christmas presents even for my grown kids–die hard Potter fans, all of them!Enjoy your weather–we have had 3 days of sun, but now the clouds are back and rain will arrive by morning.*smiles and happiness wishes*

12. Thoeria says:

I had a little chuckle at you – 20 degrees a heat wave! The kiddies look so cute Ruth – don't you just wish they could stay little?! Lovely knitting there too 🙂 I'm thinking next month I may just have to add knitting to my goals! ummm….. not that I've met this month's goals!

13. Lovely cowl!! And that washcloth is fabulous. =)

14. It has been crazily unseasonal weather, isn't it? I'm relieved it's not just me who's been seduced away from the yarn to the light side :)Gorgeous crafting, as always. I like the new wallpaper on your blog too, very pretty.