YOP Update

Morning bloggers,

I’m a day late with my update as yesterday here in Ireland was Mother’s Day. To all the Mammy’s yesterday celebrating mothers day I hope you were all spoilt rotten.

Progress this week on projects was good, when I couldn’t settle my mind to stitching I was able to take up and put down my knitting.

First up are Caoimhe’s happy feet. The socks are finished, an hour during the week did indeed finish off the toe and here they are and her feet modelling them off.

Ruairí has asked for a pair of socks and he has chosen his yarn so they will be cast on shortly.

Dominic’s Slytherin Beanie is still here at this point

The Branching Out scarf is here, this is a really lovely project and I’m enjoying this scarf a whole lot.

My cowl I worked on this week also and I’m so in love with this pattern and yarn. The pattern can be found at Verdirgris Knits and on Ravelry also. This is the Topograph Cowl.

For your thoughts and wishes I want to thank you very much they were very much appreciated. Things are still outrageously busy and some things still up in the air but they will get there just a little faith is all that’s needed.

Happy knitting,

12 Responses to YOP Update

1. Thoeria says:

There you are! Been missing your blog 🙂 Hope things are not too chaotic. Happy Mother's Day for yesterday! Did the boys make tea? Lovely progress all round – but my favourite has to be those socks! Love it!

2. Vickie says:

So you did make some progress even with the messy situations! Love Caoimhe's socks and the branching out scarf. What an amazing cowl, good for you. Hang in there Ruth. Love and prayers to you!

3. Those are some happy looking feet in very cheery socks! I can see your handmade socks are going to be very much in demand!!Very nice looking cowl and I still LOVE the branching out scarf.

4. Renee Anne says:

I was late too…not for all the same reasons but some of them (hey, I get my 1/16 Irish pride on just like the rest of the US). Oh well. I do love the socks.

Wow Ruth. Your knitting is as awesome as your stitching. Great progress and congrats on finishing the socks.Linda

Cool socks Ruth! I'm so proud of you!You're making great progress on everything :O).

7. Anne says:

Lovely socks and scarves 😀

8. I love the socks, and the cowl is so cool looking so far!

9. Sandy says:

Happy belated Mother's Day to you. The socks came out great! I'm anxious to see your scarf progress….it's sooooooooooooo pretty.

10. Shannon says:

Ooooh, lovely pattern and colors on that cowl. What great projects you have on the needles!

11. You're inspiring! Love the socks.. 🙂

12. Liz says:

The socks look great and I love how your beanching out scarf is going 🙂