Stitching Catch Up

Morning Bloggers !

Its so sunny and mild here in Ireland at the moment that it is time to give the lawns their first cuts of the year ! That means that stitching and knitting time is about to get drastically reduced 😦

This past week the rotation began from the start again, what with finishing off Mr Darcy’s Letter.

1. Hunting picture.
2. Hogwarts Crest – replaces Robin Hood.
3. Horses picture
4. Project of my own – still unsure what to do so will decide when it comes up in the rotation.

I started off with hunting picture and although I was hopefull of a finish on this I think knowing the bitty stitching that went on with the water it was not likely to happen. It will take another round in the rotation as the sky is all that remains.

Hunting picture – before

Hunting picture – after

Sorry about the quality of the second picture I was to tired the other night when taking this to change it lol.

I then moved onto the Hogwarts Crest. This is going to be a birthday piece for James. I had started this as part of the crazy challenge and was doing one over two on 36 ct but when I took it out again I just didn’t like the coverage so I frogged what I’d done and redid it two over two on the 36ct. I’m much happier with this now.

Hogwarts Crest – Before but this was frogged.

Hogwarts Crest – after

This is going to be a biggie so it will be in the rotation for some time. James sat down beside me yesterday evening, saw this piece and said “Oh look its the Hogwarts Crest! ” now how can you tell that from this and I guess its no longer a surprise for his birthday lol

Today I’m starting the horses picture for Caoimhe’s picture. She’s crazy about horses and I found a nice head shot of two horses for her birthday.
After that its onto a piece for myself and I’ve still no idea what I want to stitch next, do I go back to my HAED’s or pick something else?
I did get some new Sampler Girl Jane Austen pieces that are supposed to be for next year lol…watch this space.

I’m off now to see what I can come up with for a cake for Alan’s birthday for tomorrow, pictures tomorrow of it if its a success lol, if not Dishcloth challenge update on Thursday and YOP update on Sunday.

There is still time to enter the Robin Hood Chart Giveaway which is open until tomorrow the 6th, just scroll down some.

Happy stitching,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Stitching Catch Up

1. Lucie says:

Oh well done Ruth – the hunting pic is looking really good and trust James to spot that! He sure is a mega HP fan :)Am sure Alan's cake will be fantastic as all of your others are xx

2. Tricia says:

Oh cant wait to see what you'll do for Alans Cake, Im sure it will be fab like all the others.Well done on the stitching too, look forward to seeing more progress on them.

3. SoCal Debbie says:

You always make great progress each week and I'm amazed! The hunting pic looks great. How nice that you're stitching the Hogwarts Crest and it's just perfect for your son. Have fun decorating the cake!

4. Vickie says:

Happy Birthday Alan! I am sure the Hansel and Gretel cake will have lots of sweets! 🙂 Great progress. I would love to see your HAED out again, but I have a funny feeling about you. 🙂

5. Thoeria says:

Great progress on the hunt Ruth! Looking really good! And I have no idea what Hogwart's crest looks like so it would have been a surprise to me 🙂 Looking forward to the cake – I'm sure it'll be yummy!

6. Nicola says:

I love birthday cake. Our grass is growing too and the weeds (:(:

7. Sally says:

Fantastic progress Ruth!Looking forward to seeing the cake:)

8. McKenna C. says:

Great progress! I love before and after pictures. 🙂 Good luck with the cake!~McKennahttp://chiccrafting.blogspot.com/

9. Carin says:

We don't have much sunshine here in the Netherlands but we start working in the garden. I love your stitching progresses

You'll soon have the pictue complete – it looks fantastic.Where did you get your Hogwarts Crest from?It's so comforting to know I'm not the only one with lots of projects on the go. x

12. Topcho says:

Hubting picture is looking good and how I love the Hogwarts crest! And your James is pretty awesome, if I didn't know, with this much stitched I'd say it's a crown or something.

Looks great Ruth. I love the hunting picture. Do you ever sleep?Linda

14. milly says:

Helloi've just become your newest follower!Your stitching looks lovely!Looking forward to seeing that cake.

15. Mangogirl says:

beautiful stitching 😀 just tell him it's an order from a friend that way he won't expect to get it himself.