IHSW with finishes and rotations.

Morning bloggers !

I trust you all had a good weekend, me I enjoyed a lovely IHSW. The children were off Thursday and Friday last week on mid term so we got weekend chores out of the way early and so I was relatively free from Friday lunchtime. Let me tell you this is a rare thing so I took advantage and stitched and stitched and then stitched some more 🙂

Last week I began a new rotation. I chose 3 projects I was working on and decided to work 10 hours in turn on each of them.
The first in the rotation was the hunting picture which I began at the start of the week. I’m delighted with the progress and its really taking shape. Its not a terrible big piece being no bigger than 5 x 7 but as you say some pieces you just love more than others.
This is where I started from

Hunting Picture – Before

After its first 10 hour rotation this is where I left it.

Hunting Picture – After

Second on the rotation list was Robin Hood, this I’m doing as a SAL with Linda over at Stitchin with my Furbabies. This is a really enjoyable piece and I’m hoping that one more 10 hours rotation will complete it and just in time for Alan’s birthday.
This is where I started from

Robin Hood – Before

After its 10 hour rotation this is where I left it

Robin Hood – After

Just coming onto the weekend I was ready to start my third project which was Mrs Darcy. Well you know how I enjoy this piece and I’m awfully pleased to say that it did not take the full 10 hours to complete. I had time this weekend to finish and frame it, now I’ve just to decide where to hang it.

Mrs Darcy complete

I can’t say when I started this piece as I started last year and it became one of my crazy challenge pieces for this year. This is my first challenge piece completed. It was stitched on 28ct antique ivory or gold but I think gold and I used the recommended DMC threads.

Mrs Darcy framed
Mrs Darcy Upclose

Mrs Darcy complete

I had one other small finish this weekend and that was the Mill Hill ornament I was working on last week. The candy canes got their remainder beads attached and its been cut out and backed with felt.

Mill Hill Candy Cane Ornament

So all in all its been a very productive week and weekend. I love IHSW as its a chance to really just allocate the weekend to stitching.
Now for this week it just so happens I’m ready to start the rotation again, I don’t think this will happen every week, especially as some projects will just be starting but I will stick with this rotation for as long as it suits my needs, I’m not sure how this will work with blog posts but I’m sure it will work its way out.
The rotation has 4 projects now and as each one gets complete it will be replaced by another project.
Each piece is going to be worked on for 10 hours.

• Hunting Picture
  • Robin Hood
  • Horses Picture for Caoimhe
  • ? this is I’ve not decided on just yet but will as I’m working through the rotation

Happy stitching,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to IHSW with finishes and rotations.

1. Lucie says:

This rotation is working wonderfully well for you so I have decided to give it a go as well 🙂 Well done on your progress, and Mrs Darcy looks just wonderful all framed up.Look forward to seeing your next installments on these projects 🙂

2. Tricia says:

Well done Ruth, have to ditto lucie on your rotation.Your Mrs Darcy sampler turned out beautifully.

3. Nicola says:

You have made excellent progress on your hunting piece. It is good when you find a rhythm of working that suits.Mrs Darcy is a beautiful finish.

4. SoCal Debbie says:

I am amazed that you can find so many hours to stitch each week! The hunting picture looks great. Congrats on your two finishes already!

5. Beautiful! Lovely!♥ This rotation system is great! I won't be trying it out though. You already know me. One project at at time! 😉

6. Yay! Happy dancing for your finish! And it's all framed too! It's beautiful! Well done on all the progress with your other projects! ?thanks for sharing!Melissa J.

7. Melissa says:

Congrats on your Mrs. Darcy finish. It is adorable. I also really like Robin Hood and can't wait to see your finish 🙂

8. McKenna C. says:

How you've done a lot! I think my favorite is Robin Hood. I love how you do the before and after pictures! :)~McKennahttp://chiccrafting.blogspot.com/

9. Thoeria says:

Excellent progress Ruth! The hunt is looking great! Congrats on the 2 finishes too …..speedy needles you! I have no idea where you found 30 hours to stitch …send that leprechaun here with his magic please 🙂

10. Karoline says:

Mrs Darcy is lovely, congratulations and great progress on your other wips.

11. Deb says:

Beautiful progress. Your Darcy is wonderful! I am amaized you have time to stitch,with so many other things going on!Deb

12. Anne says:

Congrats on finishing Mrs Darcy! It looks amazing in that frame!! Great progress on the hunter and that Robin Hood pattern is adorable!!

13. Kim says:

Oh my but you are disciplined! I really miss stitching. I taught myself how right after I got married 30 years ago and stitched All.The.Time. But then I began to get older and with that my eyes have failed a bit, so learning to knit became my new craft of choice- but someday, when I am not at work during those precious daylight hours, I hope to be able to stitch a little bit again. I used to love ordering from Shepherd's Bush–http://www.shepherdsbush.net/index.htmlThey have such lovely folksy designs and kits—in fact, now that I have clicked over there today I am tempted to order the adorable 2012 scissor fob kit on the front page! *smiles*

14. jillyヅ says:

I am seeing this rotation thing more and more and loving the idea. Going to try it and see if I don't get bored with only one and feeling as I am getting more completed.Lovely work on the Mrs. Darcy.blessings, jillyvisiting from IHSW

15. Kate says:

Very beautiful!! Congratulations on the Mrs Darcy finish!!

16. Great progress on all your WIPs–they look lovely! I'm in awe of the fact that you do your own framing.

17. Autumn says:

Love your WIPs! Well done. I enjoyed my visit here.

18. Carolyn NC says:

Congrats on all the progress and finish. They all look great!

19. Heidi says:

Hi Ruth from a fellow hermit. 🙂 I am visiting others to see what their weekend was like. Yours was a WOW weekend to say the least. Two good works progressed but also two finishes. Congratulations. Hugs from Holland ~Heidi

20. Topcho says:

Oh my, you really hermotted AND stitched. Great progresses and finishes. Mrs Darcy is lovely!

21. Vicky L says:

Congratulations on finishing Mrs. Darcy. She is beautiful framed. Hunting is looking good. Mill ornament is very pretty and I love how Robin Hood is coming out. I have that pattern on my wish list. I hope I get it for my birthday, which is coming up.

22. Blu says:

Lots of progress on your WIPs. They all look great.Congrats on finishing Mrs. Darcy.

23. Meari says:

You've made great progress on all your WiPs. Congrats on the candy cane finish. It turned out really cute.

24. ♥ Nia says:

Great progress!!You have many pretty wips on your hands 🙂

25. Joysze says:

Oh… what a nice stitchy weekend you had, Ruth!! :DCongrats on Mrs. Darcy. Beautifully stitched and framed. 😀 Love your Candy Cane…. too cute for words. 😀

26. WOW, what a lot of progress you made! Congratulations on the finishes. I love the candy cane…very "sweet", LOL!

27. Sally says:

Thank you for visiting my blog Ruth. It's lovely to meet you. It looks as though you had a brilliant IHSW! You made fantastic progress on everything 🙂

28. Mangogirl says:

beautiful stitching 😀 and wonderful finish:D exciting!

29. Ewa says:

I've just implemented this rotation schedule as well and so far I love it! Most of my projects are BAPs that I'm having problems with getting progress on.