Last month I had been reading how Dani over at Black Belt Stitching Wizard set out goals for each month with regards to her stitching, she was encouraging each of us to give it a try so I did and what a great idea. For the whole month I knew where I was heading with my stitching and it helped I think to set mini goals towards completing some of my bigger challenges.
So a look back at January’s goals
Start 15 Crazy challenge piecesDONE Stitch Ruairí’s birthday presentDONE AND FRAMED AND HANGING ON HIS WALL Make a start on my SAL pieces mainly CCN Cottages, Elizabeth Hancock Sampler and PS ABC’sDONE Knit 4 DishclothsDONE
- Stitch a small ornament – NOT DONE tiny bit left, I need to start these early in the month as I only stitch on these a little at weekends.
Finish my One Row Lace Scarf and start another scarfDONE and Victorian Spring Scarf is started.
All in all I’m pleased with having met my goals for the month and apart from the ornament most things are done and complete on the list. The ornament needs at most another hours stitching and then just needs to be made up.
Following on from this now here are my February Goals
- Finish Robin Hood in time for Alan’s birthday.
- Finish January’s Cottage in the CCN Cottage series.
- Work some more on hubby’s hunting picture.
- Work on both Mrs Darcy Sampler and Pride and Prejudice Love Letter as part of the theme-a-licious challenge.
- Finish January’s ornament and complete an ornament for February.
- Finish knitting James Gryffindor Beanie
- Finish knitting Caoimhe’s socks
- Finish knitting the Victorian Spring Scarf and start the next scarf on the list
- Knit 4 dishcloths.
A slightly more ambitious list but its about giving direction and seeing what I need to aim towards.
Have you tried this ? If not give it a go and see how you get on.
I’ve also had a background change for the month, something I think I’ll be doing each month just to freshen things up a bit.