Weekly Dishcloth Challenge

Morning bloggers, its bright and sunny here and it feels like spring is coming !

On the dishcloth front, I’ve caught up now that the crazy challenge part of my stitching is over so I have my complete cloth for this week to show you.

But first a picture of last weeks cloth completed. It was the Lizard Ridge Dishcloth and I just loved this one, it reminded me so much of the sea and I love the sea šŸ™‚
I’ve seen this stitch used in bags which I’m tempted to go try out and I think it would make a great stitch for a scarf..I might play around with that idea a bit.
Here is is.

Lizard Ridge Dishcloth

Close up

For this weeks cloth I chose to knit the Linoleum Dishcloth. This is such a gorgeous pattern and the pinks in it just spoke to me, and I’m not really a pink colour, its ok in extreme moderation, well this blows that idea out of the water but it is a cloth for a gift so it won’t matter to much that its pink ! lol

It is knit with knit stitches and slip stitches so it has a real scrubby feel and so will be a really good cloth for cleaning. I used Rico Aran Cotton and this is my favourite brand of 100% cotton to use. It comes in 50g balls that seem to last ages and its inexpensive.
The design is reminiscent of linoleum floors with its interlocking diamond pattern and knit up so fast, a real winner I think. I may revisit this later in the year I have a combination of grey white and lime green I want to try with this !

First pattern repeat with dark and light cream

Second pattern repeat with dark pink and cream

Back to dark pink and light pink for the last pattern repeat and finished.

Close up of the stitch.

Kim over at Page After Page has knit a gorgeous Double Bump dishcloth for her first in her challenge of a dishcloth every two weeks and she will be posting today her next new one so check her out.

Keri over at whendidibecomeaknitter has knit a Seal of Rassilon cloth for her first one, again Keri is aiming to complete a cloth every two weeks. Her Seal of Rassilon is a Dr Who inspired cloth for all you fans out there šŸ™‚

I’m off now to see what takes my fancy for next weeks cloth !
Tomorrow I’ll have an update on my stitching SAL’s that I’ve been able to start this week.

Happy knitting,

13 Responses to Weekly Dishcloth Challenge

1. Nicola says:

What do you do with all the dishcloths that you knot?

2. Melissa says:

I love your dishcloths. Great job!

3. OOOHH! You were right Ruth, I do like this Linoleum Dishcloth. Perhaps Lucie and I are rubbing off on you? With our love of pink? You have had some gorgeous pink projects lately. The lizard ridge cloth is fabulous though. You chose a great color combination on that. šŸ™‚

4. Keri says:

The Lizard Ridge one is fab! It will be great for scrubbing!

5. Lucie says:

I think we are rubbing off on her Vickie :-p Some gorgeous pinkness there Ruth – you is so very cleverer!

6. Tricia says:

Im with the girls here Ruth and love the pink one its fab,the blue and white definitely reminds me of the sea.

7. Kim says:

I just posted my update for the week. Your dishcloths are works of art! I looked at the Lizard Ridge pattern a few weeks ago, and it looked hard!*smiles*

8. Joysze says:

Beautiful dishcloths. I'd be heartsick to use them. šŸ™‚

9. Mangogirl says:

beautiful dishcloths! I have an urge to knit dishcloths now but I need to get a cotton yarn. It's so hard to find here!

10. I'm not a knitter but hose are very pretty!

11. Thoeria says:

I can't quite decide which one I like the best! And I think that the lizard will look super as a scarf – a great pattern!

12. Tonya says:

I love the linoleum cloth. I might use it for the February cloth. I'd like to join in the challenge, but only once a month since I am over committed, a slow knitter and have small children,

13. Allison says:

I love both those patterns! They look great!