Yarn Along.

Ginny over at Small Things is having a yarn along where we share both what we are reading and knitting or crocheting at the moment… I thought I’d join in with this and think it a good way to encourage me to keep up with my reading challenge, so first off on the reading front..

In hardback I’m still reading Ted Dekker’s Heaven’s Wager this is moving on now and I’m real interested to see whats going to happen and on my Kindle I am reading Mornings in Jenin by Susan Abulhawa, this one catches you from the get go and is in danger of having me staying up later than I should at night, don’t you love that about a book.

Mornings in Jenin I’ve had to buy but is well worth it and came as the book to read for the month in our new book club that is running in our library and meets once a month, something I’m going to try and clear my schedule for, even if the time is slightly awkward.

You might ask why I have two books on the go, well see I love my kindle but I just cant let go of a real live book so to speak as well so you’ll find I have both on the go lol

Right now in my knitting I’ve a Victorian Spring Scarf  on the go as part of my YOP’s posts, so just check in a couple of posts below to see this, I also have my dishcloth of the week which is flying along and should be finished right on time for tomorrows post so check back for details on that.

I also have cast on my first pair of socks !…I’m so excited about that, I’ve never knitted them before so they are a learning curve, of course I’m only a couple of rows in as I just got a bit of time this morning while the little ones were having play time so there is still plenty of time for them to become a knitted knot. These are the Jelly Bean Baby Socks featured here and I’m knitting them for my youngest Elizabeth..

Looking forward to hopping round on everyones posts and finding a few more books to add to the “to read” pile and some tempting knitted goodies.

Happy knitting and reading,

13 Responses to Yarn Along.

1. pinkundine says:

Good luck with your first socks – fair warning, they can get pretty addictive!

2. Nicola says:

I am always amazed by how busy you keep. Good on you.

3. Julie says:

Those socks are so cute.Ruairí looks well happy with his cake and picture.

Love the sock yarn, what a nice colour….have fun!

5. Lori ann says:

good luck with the tiny socks, i love the color. and the victorian scarf is so pretty, i love lace knitting too, especially the blocking part!

6. Tricia says:

Like everyone above Ruth best of luck with the socks, The colour is fab x

7. Thoeria says:

Sounds like a great idea Ruth – yarning along I mean 🙂 Like you, I love the feel of books and can't seem to make the transition to kindles and such like. I never thought I'd ever fall into the category of "old-fashioned"…..maybe someday!Good luck with the socks 🙂

8. Greer says:

The 'keep you up at night' books are always the best. Love that purple yarn too!

9. I love the color of yarn for Elizabeth's wee little socks. Gorgeous! Two books at a time!! You never cease to amaze me Ruth! 🙂

10. Kim says:

Love your baby sock yarn! Some day I will be brave enough to try socks. *smiles*

11. kerri.warmus says:

Those jelly bean socks are sweet! Thanks for sharing.

12. Sandy says:

Good luck with your first socks….one day I shall give it a try.