Crazy Day 8

Today was a lovely relaxing lazy day for us all, the children go back to school tomorrow so its back to watching the clock and running round…sighhhhh, can  you tell I like the holidays..wonder how long till the next one ..

Anyway this afternoon was spent with the children catching up on some new films they got I sat and stitched on crazy day 8, then I switched to some knitting and then tonight onto Ruairí’s present…it was wonderful and I can’t remember such a relaxing day. This week started off hairy and mixed in with a lot of sleepless nights I was very pleased to see my stitching hours for the week add up to 27hrs 55mins and my knitting hours added up to 6 hrs. With so many starts my knitting hours have been suffering but this will even itself out I’m sure.

Time I think for some pictures now that I’ve bored you some lol…
This here is my Renaissance Rose by Joan Elliott that I started, I have to say I loved stitching this tiny bit lol and can’t wait to get back to it, this is a project just for me! (hard to believe)

Tiny start on Renaissance Rose

This here is Ruairi’s birthday piece so far.It is LHN’s A Pirates Life. For some reason the going on this is slow and I can’t just figure out why? His birthday is this Thursday and I really have my doubts on whether it shall be finished on time, its taken me a week to get this far and I’m just a little under halfway. I think some tiny starts for the rest of the 15 and crack on with this shall be the order of the week!

LHN’s A Pirates Life.

Thank you all for your encouraging comments all this week they have been lovely to read and mean a lot. The updates shall settle down after this week lol. I haven’t forgotten my book update I am getting right stuck into it and although not my usual style of book I am enjoying it, it has my interest! More I promise on that during this week.

Happy stitching,

13 Responses to Crazy Day 8

1. You are amazing. You must be very organised to achieve all that you do. I'm looking forward to seeing your knitting.

Hi Ruth, A start is a start. Looks good. I love A Pirates Life. I have all of this series, but have yet to stitch them. lolI have faith in you that you will get it done by Thursday.Linda

3. Yeah I'm a little sad to be going back to work as well but then I've been home a little too long… Or maybe I needed to get out and do more, which I didn't. That pirate piece is going to be so cute when stitched.

4. Hely says:

I am sure you are able to finish the Pirate life in time :)Good start with Joan Elliott's! It's a bigger start than mine in 7th day of CJC, hahaHelena

5. Lucie says:

That is some good amount of hours for both stitching and knitting seeing as you have had a rocky week Ruth!I am sure you will get Ruairi's present done on time – just keep plugging away and all of a sudden it will be nearly done!Wishing you speedy needles for the Pirates, L xx

6. Thoeria says:

Lovely start Ruth! And great progress with Ruari's pirates – I'm sure that with a bit of luck and some smoking needles you're going to get it done :-)And to the question you'd asked – I'm busy reading an Authurian (is that a word?) mystery by Ariana Franklin called Relics of the Dead :)Look forward to seeing your next installment!

7. Melissa says:

The little boy in Pirates Life looks adorable! Good luck finishing the rest of the piece and have fun with the rest of your starts!

8. I love a Pirate's Life Ruth. So will Ruairi. Knowing you, you will be working ever so hard this week to try and finish it. Good for you, doing a nice stitching project for yourself. I am pulling flosses for a small for myself too. It has been too long since I have done one for myself. I am glad you are interested in the book. Hang in there, it is good.

9. Siobhan says:

I was sad to see the kids head back to school today. It's too quiet without them!Your WIPs look great. I love that LHN A Pirate's Life!

I'm with you on the school hols thing, I already spend a ridiculous amount of time doing morning and afternoon runs, and now I'm adding to it as littlest starts afternoons next week…..aaarrrgggghhh! I love the hols and not having to rush about.Good luck with the stitching!

11. Tricia says:

ALot of time worked there Ruth, well done you. Love the pirates life it is one of my 15 and dont have a all the threads for this one so it will a very small start on this.Im sure you'll have it finishe don time xx

12. Niina says:

Indeed we are at halfway! Just one week left and then we can continue stitching 🙂

13. Joysze says:

Hi Ruth! Love all your starts and progress pics for CJC.The colors in your lace scarf is so pretty and I love the reds in your dishcloth. 😀