Weekly Dishcloth Challenge

My personal challenge of knit a dishcloth a week this year started with a spurt more than a bang lol…I had planned on starting it on New Years Day when I was in my Mum’s but that fell apart so it was several days later when I got it cast on…

For my first cloth I  chose this Darrell Waltrip Dishcloth it can be found for free on Ravelry. Its a cloth that works well in a variegated yarn and it just so happened I had a ball of Sugar N Cream variegated which I’m using for this one.

First Pattern Repeat

I’m now just over half way with it and would expect it to be finished in the next day or so, this is a lovely thick cloth, just perfect for dishes or indeed hot pans…
Its a very easy stitch and pattern to follow and I’d recommend it.

Halfway through

A close up of stitch

I’ll have a finished pic of this one for next weeks cloth update.

Happy knitting,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Weekly Dishcloth Challenge

1. Thoeria says:

Great choice of wool Ruth – and as always I'm trying to see where you find the time to do all you do!? Do you ever sleep?? 😀

2. Lucie says:

Ohhh I likey that a lot – good choice of colour 🙂 You is sooooo cleverer!

3. I'm with Thoeria, where do you create the time?!! I LOVE SUGAR 'N CREAM! What a wonderful yarn color. This is a neat pattern as well. Great progress. 🙂

4. Tricia says:

Love the wool Ruth, and the pattern is fab :0)

5. Teresa says:

Good luck with your dishcloth challenge. A girl has to have a goal.Love the color.Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

6. Melissa says:

I love the colors in your dishcloth. Great job!

7. What a neat pattern and beautiful yarn!

Hi Ruth, Love the color of the yarn. Good luck with the challenge.Linda

Love the pattern and textures and that yarn is gorgeous, I've seen that before but a Keats figured it was an American one.I've figured it out you know…. I reckon you have all seven children knittin too…..great idea!