I made Cookies..finally !!!

Evening bloggers,

As today’s title would suggest I made cookies…I’ve had a hit and miss thing going on with cookies…some I made but I didn’t like and some just didn’t come out the way I expected them to…well today I tried a recipe given to me by Else who lives in Norway..they are called Country Crunch Biscuits and they are the yummiest ones I’ve ever made and they came out looking like a cookie..always helpful lol…

I had loads of help as you’ll see in the pictures, lots of the children hopped in and out and here is the recipe.

Country Crunch Biscuits
Ingredients

• 75g plain flour
  • 225g soft brown sugar
  • 75g dessicated coconut
  • 125g rolled oats
  • 25g sesame seeds
  • 125g butter
  • 1tbsp golden syrup
  • 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 2tbsp warm water

Method

• Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
  • Mix the flour, sugar, coconut, rolled oats and sesame seeds together.
  • Melt the butter and syrup. Mix together the bicarb + water and add to the melted butter.
  • Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
  • Rest in the fridge for 10 mins.
  • Roll into balls the size of walnuts and place 2inches apart on baking sheets.
  • Bake for 10-12 mins until golden brown.
  • Remove from the tray when cool.

I found I didn’t need to grease my trays as they were non stick so play this one by ear. I did using a spatula take them from the trays when they had hardened a little but weren’t quite cold and let the finish cooling this way on a rack.
I must admit I had a tasted one while it was still warm and it was delicious and they go great with a cup of tea and everyone loves them so I can see this batch being devoured pretty quick lol.
Here’s the pictures from our afternoon ! Enjoy.

This was Ruairí pretending to be Cook Ruairí

He thought that was hilarious and laughed his head off

Caoimhe came along then to help us stir the mixture

Benjamin came along during his break, chocolate glazed doughnut to have a look

The mixture ready to rest

Ready for the oven !

Just out and cooling

Ready for a cup of tea !

Hope you enjoy these cookies if you make them and please do let me know

Happy Baking,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to I made Cookies..finally !!!

1. Lucie says:

Ohhh they look yummy scrummy and your helpers look like they enjoyed assisting you 🙂

2. CalamityJr says:

Your cookies look delicious, and your chefs are adorable!

3. Leslie says:

Look yummy and I agree, your chefs are too cute!

Hi Ruth. Your kids are adorable and they all sure look alike. The cookies look good too.Linda

Love cookies, especially with big chunks of choc in, but I agree they're hard to get like the expensive ones in the bakeries. Your recipe looks very similar to my crunchies recipe which gets made at least twice a month in my house, but all the mix goes in one big pan cooked and cut up into flapjack size blocks….yum!Your helpers are looking very helpful!

6. Joysze says:

The kids are adorable, Ruth!!! Yummy cookies. 😀

7. Thoeria says:

Yummy! They definitely look like cookies to me! Don't you just love how kids always want to help out when there's baking to be done??

8. Julianne says:

Your children are really precious. Seeing their happy faces put a smile on my own. Thank you.

9. I can see how more brothers and a sister wanted to be involved. Just look at Ruairi! What a character! I think he rather enjoys his new title. Good job on the cookies everyone!

10. Tricia says:

They look yummy Ruth, and I see your getting more helpers :0). lovely to see them all enjoy the baking x

11. SueT says:

Thanks for the recipe Ruth, I made some on Tuesday for my French class, everyone liked them and DH has polished off the rest (with a little help from me!!!)