As today’s title would suggest I made cookies…I’ve had a hit and miss thing going on with cookies…some I made but I didn’t like and some just didn’t come out the way I expected them to…well today I tried a recipe given to me by Else who lives in Norway..they are called Country Crunch Biscuits and they are the yummiest ones I’ve ever made and they came out looking like a cookie..always helpful lol…
I had loads of help as you’ll see in the pictures, lots of the children hopped in and out and here is the recipe.
Country Crunch Biscuits
- 75g plain flour
- 225g soft brown sugar
- 75g dessicated coconut
- 125g rolled oats
- 25g sesame seeds
- 125g butter
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tbsp warm water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
- Mix the flour, sugar, coconut, rolled oats and sesame seeds together.
- Melt the butter and syrup. Mix together the bicarb + water and add to the melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Rest in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Roll into balls the size of walnuts and place 2inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until golden brown.
- Remove from the tray when cool.
I found I didn’t need to grease my trays as they were non stick so play this one by ear. I did using a spatula take them from the trays when they had hardened a little but weren’t quite cold and let the finish cooling this way on a rack.
I must admit I had a tasted one while it was still warm and it was delicious and they go great with a cup of tea and everyone loves them so I can see this batch being devoured pretty quick lol.
Here’s the pictures from our afternoon ! Enjoy.
|This was Ruairí pretending to be Cook Ruairí|
|He thought that was hilarious and laughed his head off|
|Caoimhe came along then to help us stir the mixture|
|Benjamin came along during his break, chocolate glazed doughnut to have a look|
|The mixture ready to rest|
|Ready for the oven !|
|Just out and cooling|
|Ready for a cup of tea !|
Hope you enjoy these cookies if you make them and please do let me know