Finishes and a Brilliant Weekend

Morning all from an extremely wet Ireland, even by our standards mmm..

The weekend is over and what a wonderful time we had. Friday saw us picking Luice up from the train station and we had a catch up that evening with tea, biscuits and stitching and an Xmas movie thrown in for good measure.. we even got a Baileys and Choc Chip Cheesecake made for the next day lol

Saturday morning we chatted over more tea, made an apple pie and got ready for Tricia to arrive up.
We had a wonderful catch up over lunch and the cheesecake went down a treat, it was delicious and is definitely on my to make again list ! After lunch we sat to an open fire, tea cake and biscuits and chatted the day away with stitching and knitting in hand and it was just lovely, I can’t remember having a day as relaxing in quite awhile, after dinner Tricia had to leave us to make it home. A big thank you to Tricia for travelling up as the weather was very windy but the day just wouldn’t have been the same if you couldn’t have made it. Tricia brought some Christmas presents and I couldn’t resist opening my own one….

This is the gorgeous scarf and cloths that Tricia, made up for me, aren’t they wonderful ! I love them Tricia thank you.

You’ll remember last week for IHSW I stitched and couldn’t show you a picture of what well this was why. This ornament I stitched up for Tricia and since she’s opened her present I can show you all. Its LHN’s Little Skater.

Sunday we stitched some more and we had an early Christmas present swap between Lucie and I. The children loved their Xmas presents Lucie and were so pleased and touched you remembered them, thank you xx.

This here is the wonderful cushion Lucie stitched for me..doesn’t she know me well with it being a Jane Austen themed one…I quite literally squealed with delight on receiving it and I love it so much 😀

This was Lucie’s Xmas card to us, how cute are those knitted brussel sprouts lol

This was the one other item I stitched on IHSW that I couldn’t show you. It is a design by Barbara at To Stitch or Not to Stitch she does the most wonderful designs of her own and they are free. I chose the colour scheme for this to suit Luice..can you tell pink is her favourite colour ? lol

On Monday we did like all good girls and had a shopping day. It was wonderful to browse the shops for the morning then that evening we went to the bingo where Lucie had a lucky evening, way to go her  😀

Lucie has left for the journey home and I wish her a safe trip and I can’t wait till we next meet up.

Along with the progress on my Gryffindor scarf, see the post below, I also got a finish in over the weekend in my stitching as well.

This is Frosty Flakes by LHN and I will make this up later in the week, so pictures of the finished item next week as well.

All in all it was an extremely pleasant and productive weekend.

Happy stitching,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Finishes and a Brilliant Weekend

1. Tricia says:

Thank you Ruth for having me on saturday, I can still taste the baileys cheesecake yum yum!!!.Thank you for my gorgeous ornie I love it, still have the missing part of your pressie here, promise will be in post soon :/,Oh and I just love Lucies cushion it is fabulous she seriously has you spolit :0).

2. Glad to hear of your fun adventures this weekend Ruth. Such nice gifts given all around. Hope you have a little less wet weather on the way.

3. pam says:

What a wonderful time. The weather made it even better to stay in and stitch.

4. lanybleu says:

You are a very lucky lady, the cushion you received is fantastic. What a wonderful gift.I love your Christmas stitching.Hope all mine looks half as good.

5. angel parker says:

I really enjoyed reading your blog. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friends.

6. Tricia says:

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! You have some sweet stitching there! I really like the LHN Frosty Flakes. : )

We had the rain too this morning, what with high tide and strong winds behind the sea, good thing we weren't washed away!Your weekend sounded wonderful, and the cheesecake heavenly. Lovely seeing all you gifts and your own clever stitching.Really lovely post!

8. stitcheranon says:

Lovely stitching…I love the colours of the LHNs..nice to catch up with Irish bloggers too….glad the rain has stopped now though xx

Hi Ruth. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Your so lucky to have stitchy friends that can come and stitch with you. I had mentioned a while back about doing a SAL. Are you still interested. I have Robin Hood amd The Old West in my 2012 challenge. I also have just gotten both Bothy Threads charts. Do you want to do a SAL with any of them?Linda

10. Julie says:

Sounds like you had a fun and stitchy weekend. 🙂

11. Thoeria says:

Oh you girls sure know how to have fun hey! :-)What lovely gifts! And that card from Lucie is just so Lucie 😀 I actually thought they were peas before you said brussel sprouts!

12. Lucie says:

It was such a wonderful, wonderful weekend – thank you so much for having me 🙂 I was thoroughly spoilt by you all and I love my ornie so very much and all the other little bits that you got me.I am so pleased you loved the cushion, I knew you would love it – you nearly didn't get it :-pI hope to be over again in the New Year and definitely will be over in April for our holidays 🙂 🙂

13. Anonymous says:

Your exchanges look very pretty and sounds like you both had fun.Marl

14. OMG Lucie… WHERE'S MY ONE!!!! LUV LUV LUV IT!!!