YOP Update

Evening everyone,

Well this week has been a bit of a strange odd one. After the wedding we had a few family remain on for a few days so it was lovely catching up with them but on Wednesday my sister left for Australia for a year anyway, two or longer perhaps. She has gone out to my other sister to find work as there is none here so I wish her all the very best, now if I could just get over expecting her to keep walking into the house I’d be grand 😦
Then the whole house except myself came down with a stomach bug so I had to don my Florence Nightingale cap and if you know me this is not a cap best suited to me lol. Anyway everyone thankfully is better and over it and I escaped it whew…

So with all this going on I can’t believe I actually got around to some finishes and a start…way to go me

I finished the Slytherin Scarf, it just needs some fringes on the ends and its all ready. I’m so glad I did go the longer length as I love how it looks.

Tonight I will roll into balls the Gryffindor colours and get a start on that one, updates next week on it.

The dishcloth I had on last weeks post is completed and the set is now made up.

I also started another dishcloth for another set. I don’t know where my head was when I started this as after the first repeat it just didn’t look right so I had to rip it back and start again. It is now thankfully right but not much progress has been made on it.

That’s it all for this week.

Faith thank you very much for your kind message, I sure did appreciate it. My email is down on the left hand side on my facebook badge 🙂

Happy Knitting,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to YOP Update

Yay for finishing the scarf! I reckon it will go down a treat! Your cloth from last week is a great pattern isn't it? And the new one looks lovely with the pale turquoise.I'm glad you're all feeling better now, no point being ill unless you can have some time off to milk it, but I'm guessing with a house full that's not likely to happen! My middle boy has been studying Florence nightingale in infant school and he informed me that she had a pet owl….haven't actually checked the facts, but made me smile. I'm not great at being Florence either!Have a lovely week, are you and your sister on Skype to catch up?

2. lanybleu says:

Hope your family is back to normal now and you dont miss your sister too much, although you probably do. But Skype is great, I talk to my parents all the time on it, especially with webcam, makes it so much better.

3. Tonya says:

I love the scarf. And the dishcloths are great. My sister says she would throw them out after a month. I'm tempted to make her 12 for Christmas.

4. Thoeria says:

Love the scarf Ruth! Lucky boy :-)Oh dear – glad to hear that everyone's on the mend – 1 or 2 kids sick at the same time is do-able – but in your case – I'd be in the mad house I swear :-)Have no idea how you manage!

5. The scarf looks great. So do the dishcloths. Hurray for you. So glad you escaped the illness. 🙂

6. Oh that's hard – two sisters in Australia! I bet they are missing you too.I love your scarf and that pretty pattern on the cloths. Here's hoping that you get some time to yourself this week.

7. Glad to hear you were spared the stomach bug. I love the scarf and the washcloth pattern is lovely.

8. Joysze says:

The scarf looks great. I like the colors you've picked out for the dishcloths too.Sorry to hear that everyone's been sick… hope that's all behind you now.Good luck to your sister on her job hunt!

9. Lucie says:

All your finishes look fab – am sure the lucky recipients will be over the moon with them :)Glad everyone is feeling better – not nice for you to cope with!L xx

Is this a new look for your blog? I like it!What do you use dishcloths for? To wipe up water spots on the counter or to wash dishes?Altho I'm not a Slytherin fan, your Slytherin scarf totally rocks!Good luck to your sister.

11. Wow, pretty scarf! Isn't it sacriledge to make a slytherin and a griffindor one though? =PAnd the dishcloths have a really pretty pattern!