Updates and New Makes.

Afternoon all from a chilly but sunny Ireland.

This week we are slowly recovering from my brothers wedding. It was a fantastic day out and everything went smoothly and to plan and everyone who attended had a wonderful time.

He has gone on honeymoon this week and I’m going to use this week to hopefully finish off his sampler, now that my cold is gone and I have the energy to stitch.

This is the progress so far on it. I have a tiny bit more on the brides back and then its onto her dress, so I suppose I’m just over half way.

The other thing I’ve been up to is making a scissor holder. Vonna over at The Twisted Stitcher made a fab scissor holder and I liked it so much I had to try and replicate it. This is my version of Vonnas wonderful piece.

I have some more scissors to put into it and it now sits by my stitching chair and is extremely useful.

I have made further changes to the blog and filled in the tabs so you’ll find out more now about the different challenges I’ve planned for next year and all recipes I post are under baking delights. I’ve decided on my final 15 projects for the Crazy Challenge and pictures of these are listed under its tab.

Thank you all for your lovely feedback that you gave me and I hope you are all enjoying the extra posts and new content, I know I’m enjoying blogging even more now lol.

Happy stitching,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Updates and New Makes.

1. cucki says:

hello dear, lovely stitching project..looking so lovely..and beautiful scissor holder..i love it so much..keep well and have a lovely day xx

The sampler for your brother is beautiful, I'm glad your day went well, weddings are such a lovely thing to be part of.Great idea to have a scissor holder, are the bits of ribbon so you can pick them up more easily?

Hi Ruth. I've been reading your blog for a while. Your sampler for your brother is gorgeous. I just read your 2012 challenge list. I am doing several of the same ones you are. Did you join the yahoo group for the challenge also?Maybe we could do a SAL on one of these.Linda

4. Oh Ruth! I recognize your scissor fob! And on pink scissors too!! 🙂 I love your new scissor holder. The sampler looks great!

5. Lucie says:

The sampler is coming on great and will be a lovely surprise for them when they get home 🙂 So pleased that you all had a great day.Your scissor holder is great – mine is all but done xx

6. Joysze says:

The sampler for your brother looks beautiful. 🙂

Oh Ruth, I was going to email you but couldn't see an address, just to say that I hope all your family are already on the road to full recovery from this bug and that somewhere in it all you get a chance for some let-up, time to do the things you enjoy when you have so much to do…and that of course you escape this lurgy yourself, let your kids be generous and sharing but not with their bugs! Have a brilliant Friday and weekend!

8. Jo says:

Beautiful wedding sampler and I love the scissor holder, it's so different.