Time for Tea Brack

For my first baking post I decided on a recipe for a Tea Brack that my Aunt gave me. I’ve tried and tested this recipe many times and it is lovely and moist and light and just the perfect thing to have with a cup of tea !

After laying out everything and turning on the cooker to heat up I got myself a little helper in the form of Ruairรญ

As you can see his job was to sieve the flour into the bowl but is never one to miss a photo opp. Lol.

We did end up with the right mixture in the bowl so and then I had to pay my helper,

After cooking and cooling we were left with this yummy loaf tempting us into eating it !

It does benefit from being left for 24 hours before cutting so this is what I enjoyed for my 11’s this morning. I love my brack with butter and a hot hot cup of tea…..nothing better.

For the recipe for this just check out the Baking Delights Tab at the top of the blog and please do let me know what you think if you make it. I’d love to hear.

Happy Baking,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Time for Tea Brack

1. Lucie says:

I love your tea brack – better have some ready and waiting for me when I get there :pRuiari makes a fine little helper ๐Ÿ™‚

2. SoCal Debbie says:

Such great photos! It's a wonderful idea to have the recipes under a different tab on your blog. Thanks!

3. Thoeria says:

Oh yummy yummy yummy! Looks delicious! And little Rauri looks delighted with his payment ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm surprised you managed to bake without lil Miss Elizabeth helping out too!Will definitely be giving it a try – the kitchen is in the process of being done so hopefully soon!Please do your soda bread recipe too! I've lost it:-(

4. Love the new look going on here Ruth. Beautiful photos too. Which is sweeter, Ruairi or your tea brack? RUAIRI!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. Carolyn NC says:

Yumbo!! Love the helper pics, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Tricia says:

I love your little helper-Ruairi, I see a chef in the making :0),As for your tea brack I just love it tried and tested here too on many occasion xx

7. CindyMae says:

Wonderful photos and it looks so yummy!!!!!