YOP Update

Well welcome over all you lovely knitters to my new improved one blog.

I’ve not much to report from last week only I blocked and finished out the shawl completely and it is gorgeous, I can’t wait to wear it.
I may be in need of it as I’ve come down with the most awful cold and have only today had the energy to sit up in chairs. Oh my I do hope this passes quickly not only have I the wedding coming up next weekend and lots of little things to do to get ready tonight I am going out for a drink with my sister before she leaves for Australia on a working visa. She leaves a couple of days after the wedding 😦

Anyway onto the pictures…

Just to refresh you all, this is the shawl finished and unblocked.

And this is the shawl finished and blocked, ready to wear !

Well that’s it all for this week.

Happy knitting,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to YOP Update

1. Susieq says:

I'm not a knitter, but I appreciate beautiful work no matter what craft it is. That shawl is so pretty.

The shawl is stunning, what a difference now it is blocked too.Hope you manage to get some proper rest and recovery from your cold, nothing worse than feeling rotten with a cold and still being mum and doing everything!Have a good week!

3. What a beautiful shawl! Really gorgeous.I hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy some time with your sister before she leaves for Australia.

4. Nicole says:

What a lovely red shawl! It's amazing when you block things it's like the finished project magically comes together. Here's to shaking that cold quickly I hope.

5. Kim says:

So, so pretty! I sure hope you feel better soon-I think I fought off the bug I was coming down with on Friday. There is never time to waste being sick, is there? Have a great week!*smiles*

6. Oh Ruth! The shawl is wonderful. Congratulations on a job well done. It looks fabulous on you. I hope you get well quickly too. 🙂

7. Dorothy says:

Hope you're feeling a bit better today. Your shawl looks beautiful – I'm sure you'll get lots of lovely comments when you wear it. I do hope your sister enjoys her visit to our wonderful country – the weather is fantastic at the moment – warming up nicely but not too hot yet. Spring is beautiful downunder.

8. Thoeria says:

The shawl looks even more stunning Ruth! Didn't think it was possible – but there you go :-)You need to do a "how to block" tutorial. Would be amazing!

9. MGS says:

I love the post-blocking transformation. Looks lovely!