Disasters, progressing and cake !

Hello All 🙂

Well as you can see from the heading I have a disaster to report. You’ll recall me mentioning doing a summer exchange piece a week or so ago. Well my partner got home to receive a broken piece. Despite my careful wrapping and tons and tons of bubble wrap, the picture was destroyed by broken glass and a damaged frame ! I am so sorry that my partner had to receive such a piece and will be sending her a replacement as soon as I finish blogging. I am gutted for her.

I do happen to have a picture of what I sent so I shall show you what it did look like

The exchange piece before disaster !

This here is a picture of the wonderful pinkeep I did receive from my partner, I just love it.

My Exchange Pinkeep

I have been working on an autumnal bag exchange piece this week and I will show that to you all just as soon as my partner receives. I will say that it won’t be a framed piece !

I have also been working on my Fa La La ornament which is very near completion. Here’s how its looking so far

Fa La La Ornament by LHN

I didn’t get anything further done on my SAL pieces as I only got ordering the threads this past weekend and some other stash just happened to have fallen into my basket in the process lol.
In my defence they were needed as many of them are for Christmas pieces..yes I did mention the C word, I know some of you have already started and some are trying to not think about it just yet, me I’m somewhere in the middle. I have started as I want to make all gifts this year…the list is long and very daunting I might add !!
More to be seen on this in the coming weeks

Now I did mention cake! Well I feel cake is always good and makes everything seem better 🙂
As you know James turned 11 and he wanted to have a skull and cross bones cake, something like a Jolly Roger so I tried my hand at making one. This was my very first attempt at making a cake, normally its just a round or square cake lol.

Here is my attempt…I might add that it was delicious and all eaten in record time.

Skull and Crossbones Cake

I did have some finishes and starts on my knitting which you can check out HERE on my knitting blog.

Happy Stitching everyone

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Disasters, progressing and cake !

1. Tricia says:

Oh Ruth thats so diappointing about your partners exchange, That happened to me I recieve a picture from a friend a few years back and I had to replace the frame and glass(it was carefully wrapped), so we learnt to write "handle with care glass enclosed " on the outside of package. And has worked ,we also put a strong piece of cardboard cut to measure to place over the glass and tape in place.Also have to say I love the cake yummy, can understand why it didnt last too long :0)

2. Lucie says:

Oh Ruth, you must be so upset at all that hard work being ruined by careless handling 😦 Good progress on Fa La La and the cake looks sooooooo scrummy 🙂

3. How sad about your beautiful exchange piece. The cake brought a big smile to my face. It turned out great.

4. Wagapapa says:

The cake looks delicious!I'm sorry about the incident with your exchange piece. The pinkeep you received is so cute and your Fa La La ornie looks great.

5. Sarah says:

Oh Ruth I have had that happen to me before with a framed piece. It doesnt matter how much you wrap them sometime this happens. Such a shame too it was gorgeous. Love the piece sent to you, do you know who the pattern is by. Fa La La piece is coming on nicely. And I just adore the cake how fab I bet it tasted good too!! Fingers crossed for your next piece being posted.

6. Thoeria says:

Oh what a pity your framed piece got broke Ruth! It was such a lovely yummy one too! And speaking of yummy – the cake looks cute and delish! Love the pinkeep that you received too!

7. Akila says:

Ohh, that's so sad with the framed exchange!! Love the ice cream design you stitched. Very cute picture. The pinkeep you received is very cute. Congrats on such a lovely cake!! Looks delicious 🙂

8. Oh dear! Perhaps next time send a framed piece without glass! I tend to frame my stitching without glass that way the light can play naturally on the fibers and you truly see the texture!Great job on the JR cake. Yes cake makes life better.

9. lanybleu says:

You must be so upset. I do hope your next one gets there ok.Elaine

10. Love that cake….Sorry to hear about the sundae disaster….Love the other pieces.Chris