Well its been a wee while, hasn’t it lol.
We got some dry weather recently and I took advantage and painted the house, this was one of my bigger summer jobs to be done so I am pleased its finished and out of the way now.

Now onto much more exciting things…stitching lol

First off I completed James gift. You’ll remember from my last post I’d only just started it and was working on it while he was away for a few days then when he got home I worked on it late at night so I was very pleased that it remained a secret and a surprise as it was worth it this morning looking at his face when he saw it. !
This was also a folly piece so I have my first folly finish

The Framed Wizard

A close up of the wizard

I also worked on an exchange piece which I will show you as soon as it is received.

I made up my first Christmas Ornament, the red house LHN one I completed some weeks back.
This is going to be part of a Christmas present for my brother, check out my knitting blog to see the other part of his present for now.

Finished LHN Ornament

For my Friday Night Ornament SAL I’ve now moved onto the LHN Fa La La ornament and this is my progress so far.

I don’t have any progress on my other SAL’s as I need to order some threads for those so while I’m waiting for those I took out another folly piece, my Mrs Darcy Sampler by The Sampler Girl so I have some progress on this to show you.

Progress on the Mrs Darcy Sampler

Well I hope you’ve managed to make it this far in the post and I do appreciate it if you have, do feel free to leave a comment as I do enjoy very much reading them.

Happy Stitching,

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to

1. Lucie says:

The wizard looks fab – bet James was over the moon with it :)Your Mrs Darcy is looking great, hope to see more progress soon x

2. Wagapapa says:

The Wizard is great!And I'm sure your brother will love the christmas ornament.

3. Tricia says:

All Fab as usualxx

4. Thoeria says:

Love the finishes Ruth! James must be pleased as punch!

5. Joy says:

I've done the wizard as well. And I found out there's a companion piece with a sorceress as well. I made it for my boyfriend while I was working in CO for the summer. I finished it and sent it to get framed and then he dumped me over the phone (what a jerk). So, I wasn't about to give him it so it hung in my room for awhile and eventually, I gave it to my friend Luke and his wife Jen who like it.

6. SoCal Debbie says:

I also have the same Wizard to stitch in my Crazy January Challenge that I'm making for a friend. It's great to see it finished and framed! It's always fun to surprise someone with a gift that they never saw you stitching on. Great job!

7. RuthB says:

Beautiful stitching! I have that there wizard and now I want to go home and start him. Drat — I have not time for all the stitching I *need* to do ๐Ÿ™‚

8. So glad James was surprised with the wizard. I love the frame you picked. Nice finishing on the ornament. And Mrs. Darcy is looking fine ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. Silverlotus says:

I love the wizard. I stitched the sorceress companion piece years ago, but I never did do the wizard. Would you be able to tell me the kit name and number? (silverlotus@gmail.com) Your other stitching looks fabulous too!

10. Akila says:

The wizard looks lovely all framed up. So does LHN. Have you mounted that on felt? Looks great

11. That Wizard is just fantastic! Anyone would be pleased to receive that!Lovely ornie finish.