This past weekend.

Well this past weekend I spent most of my time away from the computer and stitching

On Saturday I did some more on the wedding sampler I’m doing and I’m hoping to have this finished this week. You can see the hands slowly start to take shape.

the wedding sampler so far

On Sunday I worked on a hanger for my Aunt’s birthday.

All put together ready to start

I did the bottom picture of the handbag. I changed the bow to pink to match the bag as I just didn’t like the green one. I also used memory thread for the first time to make the handle for the bag. I loved this and it added an extra dimension to the bag. A few little beads to finish off the clasp and now its ready to get a fabric backing and some wadding and a hanger handle.

The design all ready to be backed.

I used
The picture from Cross Stitch Collection issue 194
28ct Cashel Linen Pearl Flecked White
A selection of DMC Threads
DMC Memory Thread 6130 Pink
Mill Hill Glass Seed Beads 02005
Check back soon to see if all finished up !
Happy stitching
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to This past weekend.

1. Lucie says:

You have been a busy bee! Well done chick xx

2. Jo says:

Love the bag, looks great. Can see the hands now on the wedding sampler, it's really starting to take shape.

3. The pieces you have done are so pretty. I am a new follower. Thank you for visiting my blog.

4. Ruth says:

Thank you guys, Welcome Cindy, I love your blog and your work so its no hardship visiting and following quite the opposite.Feel free to comment on anything.

5. Nancy in IL says:

Great progress on the wedding piece, Ruth! I can see the hands already! Also, the bag looks really cute with your conversion to the pink bow – what a good job with that!

6. very nice progress on both projects for a weekend

7. silentsgirl says:

The wedding piece is really coming along, and the handbag is adorable.

8. Meari says:

The handbag is really cute!