Well for my challenge of making something new for each month I decided to have a go making a humbug.
As I was running out of time slightly I decided on a quick pattern, or so I thought…I did not allow for the hundreds of french knots in the design !!
Having said that I still managed to complete it over the weekend and it was a fun and simple little thing to make up.
I made a little beaded hanger for it to hang up, something I’d not done before.
Overall I’m very pleased with the end result and would certainly have another go at making them.
Here are a few pics…
|the finished rectangle before sewing up|
|The finished humbug|
|A close up of the lavender and the french knots to cover it|