Finishes for the month of August consist of
Two items from the gift section – Rainbow Squares Blanket which has a FO post here and tealight holders
One item from the shawl section – Drops of Firelight which has a FO post here.
One item from the garment section – Caoimhe’s Sunday Sweater
One item from the design section – Flowing Uphill Cowl
Just like July 5 FO’s but this month they are larger.
Work on projects this week has consisted of,
Sporadic bursts of work but yet reaching the top corner of the Rainbow Corners Blanket, you can see I’m now decreasing on one side until I reach the bottom corner so it’s coming together quickly despite the small amount of time dedicated to it. I had hoped to have this one finished by now as I still have one more to complete but it’s nearly there.
I’ve also been working away on the Eole cardigan for Evelyn. I’m now further on than this picture, I’ve about a further 10cms left to go on the body before I can start on the arms, I do just want to check lengths against Evelyn before doing that.
I’ve been working away on the secret project this week, sometimes making progress and sometimes just ripping back all that was done because it wasn’t quite right.
If you are on my Celtic Knit Facebook page here, you’ll have seen some updates during the week about some of those designs. Over the coming months I’m hoping to work more of this end of the design section certainly until Christmas. I will be showing where I can both here and on the Facebook page.
For September I’m setting out a smaller mini list as I want to concentrate more on the design section, I do still have some items to get done first especially in the gift section so I shall continue at those, this will give at least some progress pictures weekly when I can’t talk about a design.
September Mini List –
- Complete Eole cardigan for Evelyn
- Cast on Miss Marple cardigan for Elizabeth
- Complete Rainbow Corners blanket
- Start and finish the third and last rainbow blanket
- Design section
I’ve updated my main list which you can see now and my project page on Ravelry is also fully up to date with notes and pictures where appropriate and can be found here, you might also see I’ve a separate tab on the project page now for Celtic Knits. The new Celtic Knit design of Ériu is now listed on there.
To read more blogs taking part in the YOP year or to take part yourself, head over to the group here.
YOP- Year 4- Jul 14/Jun 15- List
Sunday Sweater for Caoimhe– started 5th July 14- finished 2nd August 14
- Miss Marple for Elizabeth
- Eole for girls for Evelyn – started 19th August 14
- Gathering Stripes for Ruairí
- Gathering Stripes for Benjamin
- Featherweight wrap to knit
- Old Romance
- Old Town
Drops of Firelight– started 31st October 13 – finished 19th August 14
- Sonetto Shawl
- Kir Royale
- Dark Champagne
- Nine Maidens
- Ocean Breeze
Crochet Blankets :-
Rose Gingham Blanket- started 19th May 14- finished 27th July 14 Flanders Poppies Blanket– started 18th April 14 – finished 26th July 14
- Sam Entrelac Blanket – started 27th June 14
- Hills of Home Blanket – started 19th April 14
- Lavender Blanket
- Dahlia Blanket
- Sunflower Blanket
- Blackberry Salad Stripe Blanket
- African Flower Blanket
- Crayon Blanket
- Superhero Dreamcatcher Afghan
- Tetris Blanket
Flowing Uphill– started 4th July 14- finished 29th July 14
- Equinox Stone – started 6th July 14
- Secret Project – started 23rd August 14
- Ériu – started 26th August 14
- Rainbow Blankets x 3-
- a. – Rainbow Squares – started 2nd August 14 – finished 17th August 14
- b. – Rainbow Corners - started 20th August 14
- Dishcloth sets x 6 –
- a. – Vintage Strawberry Ruffle Set – started 14th July 14
- Baby Blanket
- Purple, Black and Cream Blanket
Apple Ruffle Cloth- started 7th July 14 – finished 8th July 14
- Tea Light Holders – started 20th August 14